Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#6178 - 07/10/1999 08:15 Log file
xml
journeyman

Could you add the facility (perhaps optional) to log everything the player does
or is requested to do? I'd like to be able to access a log of all the tracks
I've skipped over, or volume changes I've made, etc., in order to better
organise the tracks and playlists later.

Paul

#6179 - 29/11/1999 19:19 Re: Log file [Re: xml]
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
My brother (the one who bought the unit) and I (the one who queued for it for half a year) were discussing this.

The thing we agreed upon was that it'd be useful to keep a count of the songs you started playing, and the songs you finished playing (i.e. didn't get fed up with half way through and skip). I also think it would be cool to have a 'rating' system that you could record how much you liked that song. These could then be downloaded as a CSV file or something to play around with.

The point of this is to allow you to get real feedback on what songs you are playing and how much you like them in the field. I know I have a whole slew of songs that I don't mind, and wouldn't immediately delete, but might be filling up my empeg and preventing me from uploading songs which I liked more but were more recently acquired. What you'd listen to in your own loungeroom or at your computer is one thing, what you listen to while driving is another.

But then I live for statistics.

Save the whales. Feed the hungry. Free the mallocs.

#6180 - 30/11/1999 12:04 Re: Log file [Re: PaulWay]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Out to-do list includes statistics gathering for "skipped" songs (skipped refers to listening to under 30 seconds of it) for just this purpose...

Can't say which beta it'll appear in, but it will appear.

Hugo