Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#622 - 04/10/1999 16:44 Latest #
Jake
stranger

Loc: MN, USA
I haven't seen an update on this yet, so i thought I'd post it.
I just got contacted and am # 3540 in the queue. Unfortunatley I had to defer my purchase {sob, sob} until later.

Jake

#623 - 04/10/1999 19:23 Re: Latest # [Re: Jake]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Thank you for posting this information, Jake. Rob and the crew at empeg are convinced that this is completely useless information and absolutely refuse to post it, but I find it enormously helpful. This means that they are more than one third of the way to MY number!

Thanks again.

tanstaafl. (#8741 in the queue)

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

#624 - 05/10/1999 03:54 Re: Latest # [Re: Jake]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK

Due to a high deferal rate in anticipation of non-beta software, we have now invited clients 1 thru 4000 to place their orders.

I am pleased to say that the cancellation rate has been low, however the high deferral rate means that clients further down the queue will have to wait longer than they might expect (as deferals will be processed ahead of other clients in subsequent batches).

I will include more information in the next newsletter, which I hope to write today.

Rob

#625 - 05/10/1999 09:21 Re: Latest # [Re: Jake]
Robbo
new poster

Loc: Staffs, UK
Hmmm, I'm 9542'nd in the queue, could be before christmas then? Wonder how many registrations they are up to now (as in new enquiries)?

-Rob

#626 - 05/10/1999 11:21 Re: Latest # [Re: rob]
jwilliams
new poster

I'm a bit confused as to how all this works. My number came up, but I defered to a later date. Just when is that later date. Do I get another chance to order after everyone has been asked to order for the first time or what?

#627 - 05/10/1999 13:30 Re: Latest # [Re: jwilliams]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
All defered clients to date will be given a second opportunity to order when our high volume production runs begin. This will coincide with the first full release of the software (i.e. not Beta).

The electronics industry has been in turmoil recently (as anyone who watches the news will probably have realised) and many components are in very short supply. This is affecting us to some extent and it seems unlikely that, after the first batch is depleted, significant quantities of players will available before January. More details of this issue will be provided in the next newsletter.

Rob