Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#63531 - 26/01/2002 14:41 Obtaining AR Blue faceplates for Mk2 owners
number6
old hand

Loc: In The Village or sometimes: A...
As the owner of both Mk2 EMPEGs and the newer Mk2A RioCar I must say the new blue faceplate with AR coating is better in many ways than the older reflective blue faceplate.

So, given that, is there any way folks with the non-Ar blue faceplates can upgrade/replace them with AR versions?

I have AR faceplates for all other colours except blue, and I want to keep them in case I buy a newer car than the one I have and the current faceplate clashes.

So, Rob anyone, are there supplies of AR blue faceplates kicking around we can buy from the spacious UK International Store Aladdins CaveTM?

Attachments
61629-number6#2.JPG (198 downloads)

#63532 - 26/01/2002 14:49 Re: Obtaining AR Blue faceplates for Mk2 owners [Re: number6]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
From the FAQ:

AR Coating

Early shipments of Mk2 units were mailed with lenses that were not coated with an anti-reflective (AR) coating. If you have one of these non-AR lenses, and you think that the AR coating will help you read the screen in daylight, you can contact support and they will replace the lens with an AR-coated one.

If your faceplate is non-AR, you will be able to tell because it is very shiny. If it appears to have a slight matte coating on it, then it's an AR faceplate already and there's no issue. In practice, it makes only a small difference in readability.

#63533 - 26/01/2002 15:17 Re: Obtaining AR Blue faceplates for Mk2 owners [Re: tfabris]
number6
old hand

Loc: In The Village or sometimes: A...
D'oh,
the infamous FAQ strikes me again - and I've read the thing from top to bottom more than once!

thanks Tony, I will email the guys at empeg to see if they can replace the Blue mk2 faceplates with AR ones.

#63534 - 26/01/2002 16:48 Re: Obtaining AR Blue faceplates for Mk2 owners [Re: number6]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
That won't be a problem - we have plenty of blue faceplates in service stock.

Rob