Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#65551 - 10/02/2002 20:34 Re: You are going to hate me for this....sorry! [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
No problem. You're welcome.

I don't think there is an official spec for how tag fields should be set within a WAV, but the way AudioGrabber is adding them shouldn't cause a problem when trying to use that WAV elsewhere. I believe the WAV spec does allow metadata of some form to exist. There's info about this on the AG site somewhere or in the AG help file. It would be nice if this info were able to be used by other software. And it would be nice if other software (rippers) also tagged their WAVs in the same way (making interoperability a lot easier - a lot of people have a hard time doing smooth/simple tagging as part of their workflow)

Bruno

#65552 - 11/02/2002 06:46 Re: You are going to hate me for this....sorry! [Re: hybrid8]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
I know that with CoolEdit Pro, you can add all sorts of information to WAV files, so maybe there IS a standard of some sorts?

#65553 - 12/02/2002 07:02 Re: You are going to hate me for this....sorry! [Re: hybrid8]
grgcombs
addict

Loc: Dallas, TX
It's good to know that they make left-hand drive. For I while I got the impression that they wouldn't.

They did say they'll never stoop to producing for the US. Something about environmentalists, carbon-monoxide, blah blah blah.

Maybe I can just get the Audi inspected and licensed every year, then move those over to the TVR. I'll tell the cop that the TVR is just a new body on the Audi frame ... think it'll work? ;-)

g

#65554 - 12/02/2002 07:31 Re: You are going to hate me for this....sorry! [Re: grgcombs]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
They did say they'll never stoop to producing for the US. Something about environmentalists, carbon-monoxide, blah blah blah.

I think it is more the lack of airbag and ABS that stops them selling them in the US. There are occasionally rumours that they are going to start selling to the US, but it never seems to come to anything.

It's nice to know that there are still some benefits to living in the UK...

#65555 - 12/02/2002 08:26 Re: You are going to hate me for this....sorry! [Re: grgcombs]
tms13
old hand

Loc: Lochcarron and Edinburgh
Having been in the TVR factory, I expect they'll make nearly anything they're asked for. The place is very, um, "traditional" compared to the high-volume manufacturers like Nissan (to pick another one I've been in).

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3