Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#67615 - 05/02/2002 23:42 A few usage questions
oakley
stranger

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
I have emplode 1.02a, with an empeg 1.02, but it seems to lack things that are mentioned in the FAQ.. ie "advanced search" in emplode, etc. I also cannot find anything about dimmer brightness settings and those kinds of things. Is this only in 1.03? Can I upgrade emplode easily (ie, without losing anything)?

Also, when I do a search on the player itself.. I see that empeg 2.0+ has insert/append/replace from playlists.. but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm curious, using the "search" command, is there a way to jump? I don't particularly dig that I have to abandon my current playlist to "jump" to a song based on my search criteria.. the best I can do is re-add it to my playlist by toggling the select mode to "append, but I don't really need 2 copies of it in my playlist.

I've heard much about "shuffle by least recently played", but that's another option I see in neither emplode or on the empeg.. I feel like I'm missing a lot of configuration stuff because of some things I've seen in the FAQ that I can't find... and I don't think they've all been added in more recent versions, though I could be wrong.

Here's another one.. button one on my Rio Remote does not change the "time format" on the player for playback like the riocar.org site says it should..

If I hold the rio source/power off button, the player doesn't power off. it just switches to aux and sits. ..

none of the "press and hold" functions on the remote seem to work, I guess..

One final thing.. I suppose I'm confused by the difference between emplode and empeg car software versions. Do the versions have to match for it to work properly? The terms seem to be used almost interchangeably on the empeg.com "support" site, which is confusing.

Thanks for any help you can provide.. man ethernet sync is slower than molasses.. but I get giddy as a schoolgirl when I look at the massive music archive I have on this thing. Can't wait to get it in the car...

- reid

#67616 - 05/02/2002 23:49 Re: A few usage questions [Re: oakley]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Quick answer... upgrade to a 2.0 version, and all of your missing commands will work. And yes you do need a matching version of emplode with the player software. Upgrade your player first, then upgrade your emplode. Just realize you are using beta software, it will have bugs.

Oh yeah... and you'll only see the dimmer in the car. It only shows up when it's on DC power. =]

#67617 - 06/02/2002 08:18 Re: A few usage questions [Re: oakley]
adavidw
addict

Loc: Utah, USA
And 2.0 makes ethernet a lot faster!

-Aaron

#67618 - 06/02/2002 09:40 Re: A few usage questions [Re: adavidw]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
AND read the warning before using 2.0beta7! I lost a LOT of songs by cutting and pasting after having checked the "delete from player" box.... It was my fault, even though it was a bug, because Beta software DOES carry certain risks.

If you decide against running a beta version, at least upgrade to 1.03 - it is safe.