Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#67929 - 06/02/2002 18:05 Getting Album Info on the Line/Transient modes
ajayrockrock
journeyman

Loc: Riverside, CA
Hello,

Is there anyway to get the album info scrolling by when you select the Info:Line mode? It's kinda hard to keep track of which songs are on which albums for some of the bands that I don't really love but just like. In my Winamp playlist I have it setup to show "Artist - Album - Title" and I'd like to see that info on the Empeg.

Is this possible without having to put the album info in the "title" field of the ID3v2 tag?

Thanks,
ajay

#67930 - 06/02/2002 18:07 Re: Getting Album Info on the Line/Transient modes [Re: ajayrockrock]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Nope, not possible. Though i'd like to see this too. Maybe something like:

Artist: Album - Song

#67931 - 06/02/2002 19:09 Re: Getting Album Info on the Line/Transient modes [Re: ajayrockrock]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
In version 2.0 of the software, you can toggle between Info:Track and one of the visual modes (off, line, or transient) by pressing and holding the bottom button.

So if a track comes up and you want to see the album info, just press and hold the bottom button to read it.

Another option is to use the InfoTex visual, which will also show the album information.

#67932 - 07/02/2002 04:01 Re: Getting Album Info on the Line/Transient modes [Re: tfabris]
ajayrockrock
journeyman

Loc: Riverside, CA
I've got 2.0 beta 7 and when you hold the down button it will switch to "Now and Next". The detailed information that you're talking about shows up when I hold the "Info" button down on the remote. This is pretty cool because the it's super detailed giving me the track, artist, album, year, number of times played, marked, filesize, codec and format!!

thanks,
ajay

#67933 - 07/02/2002 14:55 Re: Getting Album Info on the Line/Transient modes [Re: ajayrockrock]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I've got 2.0 beta 7 and when you hold the down button it will switch to "Now and Next".

Not if the last thing you selected was "info:track".

In the 2.0 software, holding the down button will toggle you between the last "visual" screen and the last "text" screen.

So do the following:

Menu. Info. Track.
Menu. Info. Transient.

Now, holding the bottom button will toggle between info:transient and info:track.