Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#68150 - 07/02/2002 06:04 Sensitivity of Headlight sense
jules

Loc: Indiana USA
I have just installed a Rio Car player in my car and am absolutely thrilled, but have just a small problem. My car's interior lighting system has an intensity control and also works in combination with the amount of ambient light it senses. The result is that when my headlight's are on, the headlight sense will have different strengths/voltages depending on how much the car thinks it has to iluminate the dash. The Rio Car will definitely recognize this at high intensity dash-board ilumination. But at dusk, when the interior lighting is minimal, or when I set the intensity to be low regardless, the Rio Car will not detect that the headlights are on. There is a point where the Rio Car will be intermittent between the two dimmer settings, and this is particularly annoying because it gives the impression that there is a false contact. Ideally, I would like to tie the Rio's dimmer setting to the intensity of the car's headlight sense. However, I would settle for making the Rio's detection of voltage in the headlight sense input more intense. Is there perhaps a config.ini setting that would do this? I use software version 1.03. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#68151 - 07/02/2002 10:49 Re: Sensitivity of Headlight sense [Re: jules]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
It's a digital input - there is a hardware threshold. There is some software to deal with PCM controlled dimming systems (most modern cars) and in theory that could even be expanded to have variable dimming on the unit. This will never work with analogue systems though.

Rob

#68152 - 07/02/2002 12:13 Re: Sensitivity of Headlight sense [Re: jules]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Perhaps there's another wire someplace, something you can tap into, which detects the headlight relay state directly, before that information goes through the ambient sensor.

If that's the case, you could wire to that, and the player would work as intended.