Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#69250 - 10/02/2002 16:26 Re: Car MP3 Player comparison chart (revised) [Re: hybrid8]
ijustdontknow
new poster

Oh well, maybe you have a lot of time on your hands. Like I said, no offense intended just seemed pointless plus not viewed a lot.

#69251 - 10/02/2002 16:45 Re: Car MP3 Player comparison chart (revised) [Re: ijustdontknow]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Oh well, maybe you have a lot of time on your hands. Like I said, no offense intended just seemed pointless plus not viewed a lot.

If you don't have something nice to say...

Shut the fsck up.

#69252 - 10/02/2002 17:02 Re: Car MP3 Player comparison chart (revised) [Re: tonyc]
ijustdontknow
new poster

No offense intended. It just seemed like a lot of work to put into something when the whole market seems to be dead ended. I can certainly see his point regarding using web tools he's never used before. Is it true PhatBox has also been discontinued?

#69253 - 10/02/2002 17:23 Re: Car MP3 Player comparison chart (revised) [Re: ijustdontknow]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The whole market has not dead-ended, and there are new products coming out in this category. When those products are available, I'm sure Bruno will update the chart. It is useful.

#69254 - 10/02/2002 17:35 Re: Car MP3 Player comparison chart (revised) [Re: tfabris]
ijustdontknow
new poster

What about the PhatBox? Was it discontinued? Not that I would want one.

If you think about it, every single RioCar that is left at SB will be sold to someone. I checked today and saw stock for the 30s and 60s. is that for real? Put into context, the media alone is worth more than they are selling them for.

#69255 - 10/02/2002 18:01 Re: Car MP3 Player comparison chart (revised) [Re: ijustdontknow]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
The PhatBox LE (Limited Edition) was in fact a "Limited Edition" release. Much to the dismay of some current owners and others who were not able to order in time. PhatNoise is no longer selling any players through retail and have no plans to (none made public).

Internally, it is exactly the same unit as the Kenwood Music Keg. The Keg is available right now at retail with a 10GB cartridge. 20 and 30GB cartridegs are still available from PhaNoise's Yahoo store and will work with the Kenwood model. I do not believe that the adapters for Audi/BMW/VW/Sony are available for sale to anyone but owners of the PhatBox LE. This means you can't buy a Kenwood product and then an adapter.

I'm waiting on some email to clarrify a few points. But the retail situation has been confirmed. They didn't post an official EOL release, but all the information on their website indicates that's what's happened.

Bruno

#69256 - 10/02/2002 23:13 Re: Car MP3 Player comparison chart (revised) [Re: tfabris]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Thanks Tony. I've just updated even more info and added some Hijack-related notes that affect 3rd-party solutions to some of the categories.

In a couple of weeks I'd like to get started on a good solid 3rd party Hack/Application list, along with descriptions and links to everyone's software. I'll make sure to give the info to Tom to put up on Riocar.org as well.

Bruno

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2