Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#70009 - 11/02/2002 20:22 Sync Warnings: lots of data errors and time outs
Kanigetts
new poster

I just loaded my 20 gig player with 19 gigs of mp3s but received many warnings of sync failure due to a connection time out or cyclic redundancy check errors. The files that failed play fine in MMJB7. I've tried several times to re-sync these files to no avail. Is there a fix? I'm using the 2.0b11. Some of these files would be impossible to re-encode.

#70010 - 11/02/2002 23:15 Re: Sync Warnings: lots of data errors and time outs [Re: Kanigetts]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You need to narrow down the source of the problem. It might just be a bug in the beta player software, or it might be that the files are somehow bad on your PC's hard disk. It also could be a simple case of a bad/loose cable as described here.

First, I would recommend downgrading the player/emplode to 1.03 which is known to be stable. Then I would check to make sure there's disk space free on the player, just in case the problem was a lack of disk space on the player.

Finally, I would use these tools to see if the MP3s themselves are somehow having a problem on the PC's hard disk.