Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#727 - 25/10/1999 21:24 empeg in BMW 328i
bamboo
new poster

I am looking into buying a 2000 BMW 328i. I was wondering if anyone had any success getting their eMpeg installed in a BMW 328i. It doesn't have a traditional audio slot.

Thanks.

John

#728 - 26/10/1999 17:51 Re: empeg in BMW 328i [Re: bamboo]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Bamboo --

From what I have read on this bbs, yours will not be an easy road, but it will be possible.

My first recommendation is to do a search by username on this bbs, and read everything posted by Cambscar, particularly the threads dealing with BMW 3-series.

You will find Dominic (that's Cambscar's real name) to be enormously informed and helpful.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

#729 - 28/10/1999 08:13 Re: empeg in BMW 328i [Re: tanstaafl.]
Cambscar
journeyman

Loc: Cambridge, UK
If it's the same John who posted a similar question on the Empeg Onelist, then I did respond at the time, but I'll repost here so it's
archived for later reference by anyone else:-

There are companies manufacturing replacement dash fascias, with a standard sized DIN cutout. Over here, Autoleads distribute
them - I'd have thought that Crutchfield must sell them in the US as well though. The only slight downpoint is that, because of the
layout of the airvents, etc, behind the dash the unit has to be shifted slightly off centre.

Crutchfield's site's down at the moment for an update, so I can't check whether they do actually stock anything along these lines.

John - if you're still at all uncertain about this, then feel free to mail me directly ([email protected] at work, or [email protected] at home) and I'll try and help any way I can.

Dominic

Cambridge Car Audio
http://www.cambscaraudio.co.uk