Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#7316 - 04/11/1999 22:43 Empeg won't start
NasalGoat

Loc: Toronto, ON, Canada
When I try to boot my Empeg, it just blinks that annoying light. When I look at the boot process via the serial port, it appears to work normally, but the display never comes up and no music comes out, although pressing the buttons seems to cause the tracks to skip (according to the output).

I've tried upgrading with allclear and then 7b again with no change.

I've also send this to [email protected].

#7317 - 09/11/1999 21:26 Re: Empeg won't start [Re: NasalGoat]
weamdog
new poster

I was playing around with 8a and came across a similiar problem. The problem with mine was when I uploaded 8a on top of 8a it zero'd out all the stored settings that it last used like the volume and display settings. I was getting pretty upset until i turned up the volume. This appears to be a little bug that should probably be addressed. Hopefully you have the same problem and your unit is okay.

#7318 - 10/11/1999 02:11 Re: Empeg won't start [Re: weamdog]
mac
addict

Loc: Cambridge, UK
The problem with mine was when I uploaded 8a on top of 8a it zero'd out all the stored settings that it last used like the volume and display settings.

This could happen sometimes on the 7b->8(a) transition. It shouldn't happen on future upgrades. We did a major reorganisation of the information stored in flash on power fail and it seems that the code that should have converted old settings to the new format may have failed sometimes.

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)

#7319 - 10/11/1999 04:15 Re: Empeg won't start [Re: mac]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
I am very occasionally seeing a loss of volume and loudness settings, apparently at random, on version 7B+ with no upgrade to 8 yet carried out.

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015