Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#73278 - 19/02/2002 22:22 Playlist Ordering
2003Tibby
new poster

I must be on crack and missing something. In emplode I have my songs listed by order they appear on the CD and all the id3 tags are set appropriately, but for some reason everytime I select a playlist it orders the songs alphabetically and not by track number, and ideas how to change/fix this? Thanks in advance

Matt

#73279 - 19/02/2002 22:33 Re: Playlist Ordering [Re: 2003Tibby]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
This is a FAQ Entry.

#73280 - 20/02/2002 03:46 Re: Playlist Ordering [Re: 2003Tibby]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
everytime I select a playlist it orders the songs alphabetically

To expand on the FAQ entry that Tony points to:

The menus on the player display your playlists in alphabetic order. If you select the "Play All" triangle icon, it'll play them in the correct order.

You need to have set the correct order in emplode. Emplode orders imported tracks alphabetically, rather than by track number. This is because track numbers were a late addition to the code. To get around this, just ensure that your MP3 files have the track number in the name somewhere, making them sort correctly.

To set the playlist order in emplode, you should go to details view, and sort by the position column. If it's not there, right-click on the column headings, and select "Columns...". Use the dialog box to turn it on. Left-click on the column heading to sort by it.

You can then use the up/down arrow toolbar buttons to move tracks/groups of tracks up and down. Alternatively, hold down Alt, and drag the tracks up and down.

For quicker sorting, you can use the "Set Playlist Order" menu option (right-click on the list background). You can use this to sort by track# quickly.

This governs the play order.

Now, as a slight change, if you want the playlist menu to display in the order you've got set in emplode, rather than alphabetically (bearing in mind that this doesn't affect the play order), go to the Advanced tab in the Player configuration dialog, and uncheck "Sort playlist menu by title".