Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#74612 - 25/02/2002 04:49 What Version Is The Alpha at right now?
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
what version is the alpha at right now just out of curiosity.. and is final the bext step after beta 11?

#74613 - 25/02/2002 08:05 Re: What Version Is The Alpha at right now? [Re: justinlarsen]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
How could anyone possibly know when the final release will be without having tested it? Regardless of what the alpha team has, is there any point in calling a release "final" until it's gone through beta test?

With all the bugs that have popped up in each new release, I am not optimistic that the next beta release will be a production-quality final release. Especially considering the random lockup/UI freeze bug has, to my knowledge, not been solved yet. They can choose to name any release "final" but what we really want is a release that's as stable as 1.03, regardless of whether it's called "beta" or not. That looks like it might be a while...

#74614 - 25/02/2002 08:11 Re: What Version Is The Alpha at right now? [Re: justinlarsen]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
I'm kinda curious too. I remember when we were all chanting for 2.00b8 and they gave us 11! It was a way of letting us know that they had quite busy while we were all impatiently awaiting.