Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#75868 - 01/03/2002 22:54 Re: Hijack v218: the empire crumbles [Re: mlord]
jwickis
addict

Loc: India
OH NO, this can't be I need my Hijack fix, OK I took it for granted but boy I sure do miss it now. mlord please keep up the extraordinary work in Hijack that you have been doing. I for one wouldn't even begin to know where to start in writing something even remotely like Hijack. Let alone something that had the features you were able to pack into Hijack.
Please bring back another version or more versions, besides v221 I have now has a pop when I turn off the ignition and tonight showed an error I've never encountered before something about 'stuck jiffies', I need a fix.

#75869 - 01/03/2002 22:54 Re: Hijack v220: the empire strikes back! [Re: hoagy]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
I found Mark's taking down the site pretty funny. Maybe it's a Canadian thing.

Don't know what everyone's getting bent out of shape for. Don't know why Mark seemed to spark an attitude in those posts either. I peppered my original post with enough smileys to show it was all written in a good mood. I've certainly expressed enough praise for all the work that's been done.

BTW, I also get paid to design stuff, so I'm here because I find playing around with the player fun and because I enjoy sharing information.

Bruno

Incidentally, the letterforms were nearly all the same as the player's original font, plus some differences due to dimensional constraints. The Hijack font also had some improvements to a few characters. No big deal. It wasn't even a big deal when I mentioned it the first time. No one's trying to give anyone a hard time.

#75870 - 01/03/2002 23:02 Re: Hijack v220: the empire strikes back! [Re: hybrid8]
Alan

Loc: Cedar Grove , IN
Bruno,

Did your dog die or your boyfriend leave you? What's with the attitude?

Alan

#75871 - 01/03/2002 23:04 Re: Hijack v220: the empire strikes back! [Re: Alan]
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
::sigh:: all it is, is most likly miscommunication.. real additudes can not be expressed over type.. emotions other than lile smilies and what not (which may or may not hold true to there type) are the only way to express it, it dosnt seem that either one has additude.. like ive said before its all fun and games till someone get a leg blow off with a shotgun.. peace out homies

#75872 - 01/03/2002 23:06 Re: Hijack v220: the empire strikes back! [Re: Alan]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Look behind you. That's my foot about to hit you in the ass. And why, YES someone did die (as you could have seen by my previous sig). But there's no "attitude."

If you go to Mark's page, click the link, it will bring you right into this thread. If you read my message, I asked if Mark didn't find it fun to work on Hijack. I guess he must not like mainting it. I've liked running it. Oh well.

Bruno

#75873 - 01/03/2002 23:44 Re: Hijack v220: the empire strikes back! [Re: hybrid8]
Alan

Loc: Cedar Grove , IN
In reply to:

Look behind you. That's my foot about to hit you in the ass.

Thank God you said "foot'
In reply to:

And why, YES someone did die (as you could have seen by my previous sig).

It happens to everyone
In reply to:

But there's no "attitude."

Guess I was wrong, if so it'll be the first time ever.

Alan

#75874 - 02/03/2002 02:10 Re: Hijack v220: the empire strikes back! [Re: hybrid8]
LTJBukem
enthusiast

hybrid8 (veteran) ... old woman more like !

I can't believe all this arguing about fonts / popups / UI / other trivial sh*t.

Mark spends more than considerable time on Hijack which provide us with extra features. Which features are important ? Well it depends who you are (I only use Vol Adj), but there is something in there to PLEASE everyone.

Isn't it about the music at the end of the day ... that's why were all here ?

#75875 - 02/03/2002 02:14 Re: Hijack v220: the empire strikes back! [Re: LTJBukem]
Nosferatu
enthusiast

Loc: France, Champagne
Let Mark some time, and maybe he'll be back.

I dont really understand what's the matter but if Mark is not back all yoiu can wont change nothing.

#75876 - 02/03/2002 02:46 Re: Hijack v220: the empire strikes back! [Re: hybrid8]
johnmcd3
enthusiast

Loc: Seattle, WA (formerly Houston,...
what has happened our innocent, amicable internet community of merely 6 months ago?

#75877 - 02/03/2002 03:18 Re: Hijack v220: the empire strikes back! [Re: hybrid8]
theory
new poster

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
> Maybe it's a Canadian thing.

What's the supposed to mean?

Just because you're jealous that you don't have half the talent that Mark does doesn't mean you need to insult an entire nation.

Is it that time of the month for you or what? I've read through a considerable amount of this thread, and looking at your posts: What right do you have to criticize the fonts and UI. You could have made a suggestion, but there's absolutely no need to start a flame war or something as trivial as fonts. They're fonts, on a car stereo for godsake!

Mark, I wish you didn't leave. I think 99% of the people here are completely in love with the hijack kernel and can't live without it. I know I won't be able to. Without the hijack the empeg is just another expensive toy. Using the hijack turns a sweet car stereo into a sweet pc.

/rant

#75878 - 02/03/2002 03:26 Re: Hijack v220: the empire strikes back! [Re: theory]
Nosferatu
enthusiast

Loc: France, Champagne
He guys, I want just tell you to stop these debates and for what and why and who from ...

We are here for the same passion , give our mind , impressions and wishes and forget what your country is when on the BBS.

I dont think patriotism is useful to the Board.

#75879 - 02/03/2002 03:33 Re: Hijack v220: the empire strikes back! [Re: Nosferatu]
theory
new poster

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
I was going to mention something along those lines..but it slipped my mind.

I agree with you though. This BBS is for an awesome product, not mindless bickering.

#75880 - 02/03/2002 04:07 Re: Hijack v220: the empire strikes back! [Re: hybrid8]
Fogduck

Loc: BC
> Mark, if you can't take criticism, then you really should
> refrain from giving it out. It doesn't suit you. And if you don't
> find working on Hijack any fun, then maybe you should
> think about retiring it and find something else to hack on.
> Would I want that to happen? No. But I find your recent
> attitude a little egocentric. I won't appologise if this goes
> against the common grain around here.

Well, thanks a pant-load, Bruno for single-handedly pissing off the person who's provided me the single-most coolest most-handy augmentation to the empeg ever, and who promised to likely be the one to bring more cool features to the table.

But no, somehow minor GUI nuances were worth getting prissy over.

You think he's arrogant? Guess what -- HE'S EARNED THE RIGHT. If you don't like that, then do what anyone would do who can appreciate what they are GETTING -- put up, shut up and take what you get and be HAPPY.

Mark's had to put up with a lot of left-field "its great, but could you get it to wipe my ass" feature suggestions from every wa-hoo here, and you take the guy to the mat about GUI ISSUES?

Somehow this reminds me of the times I write a good feature into some software at work, and out of the 10 bozos I work with who say "hey thats cool" there's always the one who finds some TRIVIAL DETAIL to pick at. Guess which one of the 10 bozos is always first against the wall when times get tough? Tip: the one lacking priority and scope.

Yes, HiJack will evolve and become even greater with input and even critical scrutiny, but know when to BACK OFF and know when to be GRACIOUS.

Thanks, Mark -- for putting up with all the thankless hours and half-baked suggestions on what has become a JOB you didn't ask for. I hope someday you return to developing HiJack. However, if you stopped now, I'd still be incredibly happy with it.
- - - MK2 #141 12GB Queue #5723 (SOLD) MK2a 30GB + grn + tuner + blk empeg case

#75881 - 02/03/2002 17:57 Re: Hijack v220: the empire strikes back! [Re: theory]
bonzi
pooh-bah

Loc: Croatia
Just because you're jealous that you don't have half the talent that Mark does doesn't mean you need to insult an entire nation.

Mark and Bruno are both Canadian, so cool down, no insulting done. (BTW, I didn't know Canadians had so short fuses ).

I am surely glad this childish episode is over.

Time to download another Hijack (I fell a bit behind recently...)

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue

#75882 - 02/03/2002 19:06 Re: Hijack v220: the empire strikes back! [Re: LTJBukem]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

As Mark said... Uninstall Hijack then. If it's all about the music, what are you doing on the BBS?

Anyway, Mark and I are cool. Don't know why everyone else had to get bent out of shape.

Bruno

#75883 - 02/03/2002 19:15 Re: Hijack v220: the empire strikes back! [Re: bonzi]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Some people eh? They just don't understand. I especially like someone who's been on the BBS all of 2 seconds come charging and chiming in.

I guess as soon as you say something that someone can't deal with (I'm not talking about Mark), the hissy fits start. Not knowing that I'm a huge proponent of Hijack and Mark's work. Not knowing I've spent tons of time Testing Hijack, sending Mark Mac iTune binaries, snooping tcp messages to help ID why lists weren't showing up properly, making one of the original pleads for formatted output/templates etc... PEOPLE! Hello! I really dig Hijack. If I didn't, I wouldn't run it and I certainly wouldn't bother offering any of my time.

I wonder how many people actually read the full text of all the messages. Apparently at least one person missed the GLARING Canadian flag on my picture too. Oh well. I won't hold any of the uneducated and off the cuff comments against anyone. I guess if you're not paying close attention you won't see the full picture. And there's been a lot of volume around here to be able to follow everything.

Bruno

#75884 - 03/03/2002 09:30 Re: Hijack v220: the empire strikes back! [Re: hybrid8]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Basically, I got pissed, recovered overnight, life goes on.

Heck, the latest Hijack even has one of Bruno's fonts in it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3