Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#76172 - 28/02/2002 08:47 Importing a folder into a playlist oddity...
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Running 2.00b11 emplode and player. No HiJack before this happened.

I get this weird little bug from time to time....

If I drag a folder into emplode when there is already a playlist by the same name, the playlists are merged. As in: Dragging a folder called "Remixes" into my "Rabbit in the Moon" playlist that ALREADY has a sub-playlist called "Remixes" simply combines the two "Remixes" playlists and adds the newly added tracks to the end. I've always considered this a bug, but I've learned to deal with it and I can see how this behavior would be prefered in certain circumstances.

Well, a few times, something even weirder has happened.

For example, yesterday, I dragged a folder from Windows called "Burn" into a playlist in emplode. In that playlist, was a track ALSO called "Burn." Emplode treated that track as a playlist and merged the track with the new playlist. So, the older "Burn" track now was marked as modified and the playlist "Burn" was essentially missing.

Deleting the track results in that track and all the tracks in the "mis-added" playlist showing up in a "refs=0" search. Otherwise, except for searching, there is no way to view any of the added tracks from that playlist.

#76173 - 28/02/2002 11:05 Re: Importing a folder into a playlist oddity... [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
This is a very interesting bug and I will put that on the internal bug list.

Note that the first behavior (adding tracks to an already existing playlist if the folder name is the same) is a by-design feature. It's there so you can drop the same folder structure onto emplode and have it add only the new tracks.

It's the second behavior (adding a folder named the same as a track corrupts the structure) that is the bug.

#76174 - 28/02/2002 11:14 Re: Importing a folder into a playlist oddity... [Re: tfabris]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Thanks Tony. I figured the 1st instance was "by design" and I only meant that I personally treat it like a bug. But, as I mentioned, now that I expect it to work that way, it is rather handy at times!

#76175 - 04/03/2002 05:29 Re: Importing a folder into a playlist oddity... [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Good catch. It does, indeed, fail to check that an item is a playlist when recursing into a folder of the same name.

Bug #1792, FITNR.