Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#76959 - 01/03/2002 14:02 2.0b11 Mute issue during TA
tarkie
journeyman

Experienced a wiered action on the way home. Was in radio mode, and had the radio muted - on the phone (yes hands free) and a TA kicked in.

The TA ignored the mute, and the mute icon remained displayed. Interestingly, if you then press mute, the mute icon toggled, and the sound muted.

Therefore, I believe that TA ignores the current position of the mute function, and is output in the normal way. But mute is just a toggle function sound on<->off and the icon is again just a toggle.

Fix? If a TA is meant to sound during a muted radio channel, then the Mute flag needs to be set to off during the TA and then reset to what the radio settings were after the TA is finsihed.

#76960 - 02/03/2002 17:15 Re: 2.0b11 Mute issue during TA [Re: tarkie]
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi.

Fix? If a TA is meant to sound during a muted radio channel, then the Mute flag needs to be set to off during the TA and then reset to what the radio settings were after the TA is finsihed.

Probably easier to implement:
Simply have the player ignore the MUTE setting during TA (which probably set's a flag itself). So logically speaking, the sound should be muted whenever (MUTE && (!TA)). So, if you press MUTE, only the icon change should be happening during TA, and when TA is off again, the (possibly changed) MUTE setting should be in effect again.

Whether HUSH should be ignored during TA as well should probably be configurable. I prefer it to do so, but I understand those who still want hushed sound only when on the phone.

cu,
sven