Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#78032 - 06/03/2002 03:57 missing files still there. confusing post title
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
i have 704 songs on my empeg. i know this as fact. after i put the 704th song on i reloaded all files for my playlist. [menu ok ok]
in the file numer view it showed all files. [1/704]
i have been slowing losing file counts.
yesterday i was watching it. i loaded all files and it went from [1/694] to [1/693]
before i saw it do it it had obviously already lost ten songs somewhere.
the total time of my playlist also went down. in this instance by some six minutes.

also, when i shuffle, unshuffle and shuffle again i have noticed that the total time can change here as well. thats not where my beef lies though

customsex

#78033 - 06/03/2002 04:23 Re: missing files still there. confusing post title [Re: RobotCaleb]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

i just put 11 more songs on. which, doing my math should take the total from 704 to 715. i load all songs again, it brings it from 693 to 704.
if i go to all tracks soup in emplode i show 715 songs. resynch and the problem still exists.

#78034 - 06/03/2002 07:33 Re: missing files still there. confusing post title [Re: RobotCaleb]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
If you can provide a little more info, I'm sure we can help.

First of all, what version of the software are you running? Secondly, your account of the problem is a little confusing becuase you don't specify whether something is happening with the players front panel or with the emplode software...

In the meantime, read this FAQ entry.

#78035 - 06/03/2002 12:05 Re: missing files still there. confusing post title [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

2.00b11

as to whether something is happening on the front panel or with emplode software.. yes, something is happening on the front panel. i hit the bottom button once to bring up a menu, once again to go into playlist selection and yet once again to select all songs. i dont have songs duplicated on my empeg so that is not an issue.
nonetheless, if it were the issue it would not explain me visually able to watch it lose that six minute song.

#78036 - 06/03/2002 12:17 Re: missing files still there. confusing post title [Re: RobotCaleb]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

First, try to see if any files are on the player, but not in any playlist (as in, you deleted a track from a playlist, but not from the player.) To do this, hit the Search tab in emplode, then do an Advanced Search for refs=0.

#78037 - 06/03/2002 15:30 Re: missing files still there. confusing post title [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

i have deleted no tracks. again, even if i had, it should not have shown that track (again, six minutes worth of audio) disappear on the fly in my CAR. not connected to a computer emplode-ish, jemplodish or even hyperterminalish.
i would not be asking for info on this bug if it was an easily solved problem, ie me deleting it. one thing ive noticed about this bbs, everyone is quick to point out how much someone may not know about what they are talking about by babying everyone.
the facts about what has happened to my player are listed here. i did nothing to cause this. when the error occured my empeg had not been connected to emplode, or my computer for that matter in almost two months.

#78038 - 06/03/2002 15:46 Re: missing files still there. confusing post title [Re: RobotCaleb]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

In any troubleshooting situation, the first thing to do is collect all the info and then eliminate the simplest/most obvious solutions. Your initial post and subsiquent replies did not have all of the information up front. The last thing I would want to do is assume that you have done this or that. I'm sorry if I made you feel as though I was "babying" you but anyone who starts offering suggestions without first finding out what all the facts are isn't doing you any favors.

#78039 - 06/03/2002 16:02 Re: missing files still there. confusing post title [Re: RobotCaleb]
Terminator
old hand

Loc: Dallas, TX
when the error occured my empeg had not been connected to emplode, or my computer for that matter in almost two months.

So you are running beta 7 then? b11 came out a week into feb. Dont get offended by people asking for more information if you expect to get any help here.

This sounds like a annoying bug, did you report it to [email protected] too?