Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#79296 - 10/03/2002 18:20 Hijack - extmute_on & extmute_off
vince
stranger

Loc: UK
mlord,

First off I found a small bug in extmute_on & extmute_off, both use decimal but ir_translate uses hex of the numbers.

I'm using extmute to change to the Aux when I get a call, which works great but I have a couple of questions on it's use.

1) How can I set the volume when I swicth to the Aux input and set it back when finished?

2) How can I swap back to the original state when the call is ended? The original states could be Player, Tuner or Off.

Thanks

#79297 - 10/03/2002 18:59 Re: Hijack - extmute_on & extmute_off [Re: vince]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
You can use hex for extmute as well, just prefix it with 0x, as in extmute=0x123456

I suppose I oughta change it to just be "built-in", with "known" button names for "ExtMuteLow" and "ExtMuteHigh".

You could add some "VolUp" and/or "VolDown" to the mappings for the ExtMute codes.. but there's no "memory" for the mixer mode. I think you could get it to work with the .S (Shift) toggle, though, as in:

extmuteon.M=aux.S
extmuteon=aux
extmuteoff.S=aux.S
extmuteoff=Tuner

Cheers

#79298 - 11/03/2002 15:51 Re: Hijack - extmute_on & extmute_off [Re: mlord]
vince
stranger

Loc: UK
OK, I got it going by using the following config

[hijack]
extmute_on=0x74
extmute_off=0x73
[ir_translate]
73.M=Auxiliary.S,null
73.T=Auxiliary.N
74.S=Auxiliary.S,Player.N,null
74.A=Tuner.N,null

This works most of the time but sometimes when switch back to the player, it switches back to the player but then goes to the tuner and when switching back to the tuner it sometimes starts flicking between AM & FM, this stops after about five oscillations.

What would be nice would be a savestate & restorestate option (and have it save/restore the volume level) so I could do it like this

extmuteon=savestate,Auxiliary,null
extmuteoff=restorestate,null

Thanks again,