Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#81692 - 17/03/2002 15:27 Wires came out on my docking sled HELP!
Heather
addict

Loc: NY
I started finally installing my empeg into the car today and the front output wires came out of the docking sled. Does anyone know how to pull the pins out so they can be soldered? I have already contacted tech support.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony

#81693 - 17/03/2002 15:51 Re: Wires came out on my docking sled HELP! [Re: Heather]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
You can remove the pins using a small paperclip. Described here.. My brother has also done it many times without a problem (the first time was to fix one of the wires on my sled - long before the thread I just linked to). It only took him about 5 seconds to figure out how to do it too. That's why I throw stuff like that his way.

#81694 - 17/03/2002 17:48 Re: Wires came out on my docking sled HELP! [Re: Heather]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The wires coming loose was a known problem in some of the docking connectors. If you email support, they will send you a new connector assembly that's properly crimped.