Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#81950 - 18/03/2002 15:24 JEmpeg(JEmplode) - can't get serial installed
leftyfb
enthusiast

Loc: Lowell, MA
Having issues installed the serial support for JEmpeg. I installed JEmpeg with VM support in /usr/local/JEmplode_2.0
The serial FAQ says to download and unpack comm.jar into the /jre/lib/ext dir, which in my case would be /usr/local/JEmplode_2.0/jre/lib/ext.
Then it says to download, unpack, ./configure, make, make install rxtx. I get the following error when trying to configure:

javac: error while loading shared libraries: libhpi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
checking java.home Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: conftest

configure: error: Make sure java is in your path before running configure

I tried adding /usr/local/JEmplode_2.0/jre/bin to my bash path with still no luck.

Any ideas as to what i'm doin wrong/missing?

#81951 - 18/03/2002 16:00 Re: JEmpeg(JEmplode) - can't get serial installed [Re: leftyfb]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
You're a little on your own here -- I don't know much about RXTX other than that it just worked fine for me... I do know that the error you're seeing about libhpi is talked about in the "INSTALL" file in the rxtx directory ... It appears to be related to certain versions of glibc...

Mike