Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#82134 - 18/03/2002 21:01 Anyone have a Silverado wiring diagram
ashmoore
addict

Loc: TX
Does anyone out there have a wiring diagram for a 2001 Chevy Silverado pickup??
I am specifically looking for the specs on the auxiliary cassette player. This is a remote unit which attaches to the GM CD-head unit.
The Rio will fit just right as a replacement for the cassette player and means I don't have to change out the head any get into all the Onstar fun.
Thanks

#82135 - 02/04/2002 13:32 Re: Anyone have a Silverado wiring diagram [Re: ashmoore]
fede
journeyman

Loc: Texas
I dont have one but here is what you need.

If any one on this BBS has one maybe they can print the diagram from for you. Otherwise you might consider buying this. If you are planning to keep your truck for a while and do a lot of your own work on it is well worth the price. Every car I have ever owned I got the service manual for and it has always been worth it.

I am just finishing the install of an Empeg into my 1994 Cadilllac Deville Concours. I am using the Empeg as a second head unit and have the factory head unit tied in through the aux input of the Empeg. All of this is then fed into a couple of amplifiers in the trunk. There is no way I could have accomplished this integration without the factory service manual. And you can forget about getting anyone else to help sort out this kind of thing except in maybe a very high end car audio shop. Then you will spend much more than the cost of the manual.

Anyways, that is my 2¢ worth.

#82136 - 03/04/2002 10:48 Re: Anyone have a Silverado wiring diagram [Re: fede]
ashmoore
addict

Loc: TX
Thanks fede,
Helm do have wiring diagram listed, but is has been out of stock for the last four months.