Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#82827 - 21/03/2002 18:42 Remembering EQ settings...
jheathco
enthusiast

Loc: Mission Viejo, California
Is there anyway to remember the equaliser preset selected for aux and main, so I don't have to manually switch them everytime I switch between aux input and the player input?

#82828 - 21/03/2002 20:04 Re: Remembering EQ settings... [Re: jheathco]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Not in the default software, no.

You could use Hijack to send a macro whenever you change inputs. Remember that the shortcut to an EQ preset in the 2.0 software is a longpress of the EQ button followed by the number of the preset you want. That can be coded into an IR translation table in hijack.

#82829 - 21/03/2002 22:45 Re: Remembering EQ settings... [Re: tfabris]
genixia
Carpal Tunnel

ir_translate is your friend for this particular problem. I think that it might be a good post-2.0 feature request for the empeg guys though, if enough people wanted it.

It can't be done easily internally within hijack. I've kinda gotten intimate with the eq code in the kernel recently, and the only way that it could be done there would be a pain for the user to set up, and a code kludge. The kernel only sees the values for a particular eq when they get set, and due to the extremely limited flash available for hijack storage, it couldn't store eqs to apply at will. That means that the eq values would have to be in config.ini, which means somehow getting the values to the user so that he can put them there....each eq comprises 20 sections, each is 4 bytes. So to set up 4 eqs to correspond to 4 inputs would entail copying 320 bytes into your config.ini. Plenty of opportunitys for typos to cause nasty eq problems..Even if this was desirable, you then wouldn't be able to tweak eqs from the player.

In player-land, this could be accomplished quite easily, if the empeg guys could be persuaded that it'd be a beneficial feature.

But the simplest solution is the one tht Tony already suggested.

Edited by genixia (21/03/2002 22:47)

#82830 - 22/03/2002 02:52 Re: Remembering EQ settings... [Re: genixia]
jheathco
enthusiast

Loc: Mission Viejo, California
Thanks for the info