Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#84321 - 30/03/2002 17:16 head unit loses memory when empeg powers off
cclark
new poster

I have an Alpine CDA-7949 attached to the Aux input of my Mk2a in my Honda Prelude. The only wire shared by the two units is the ignition sense wire.

Whenever I turn off the ignition, the empeg goes into standby mode. If I re-engage the ignition while the LED is blinking, the empeg returns to its previous state and the Alpine does the same. If I wait until the empeg LED stops blinking and then re-engage the ignition, the empeg will restart with the logo screen, and the all of the Alpine's settings will be reset (the clock, cd player position, radio presets).

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this? Could it be related to the negative spike problem?

Thanks,
Chris

#84322 - 30/03/2002 18:54 Re: head unit loses memory when empeg powers off [Re: cclark]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The first thing I would check is the possibility that the wiring is wrong somewhere. For example, the possibility that you have connected the ignition sense wire or the amp remote wire to the other head unit's memory wire.

How certain are you of the pinouts on your factory harness?

#84323 - 30/03/2002 21:54 Re: head unit loses memory when empeg powers off [Re: tfabris]
cclark
new poster

I fixed the problem. The other head unit's memory wire was connected to ignition all along. But it was attached via the Ai-Net bus to an equalizer in the trunk which had its own memory wire, so the EQ was supplying the head units memory via the bus cable.

I fixed the head unit wiring, and everything works properly now.

#84324 - 31/03/2002 00:59 Re: head unit loses memory when empeg powers off [Re: cclark]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You're welcome.