Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#86717 - 11/04/2002 06:13 Howdy! I'm new here!
NeonNinja
new poster

Loc: Sarasota, FL
Been lurking around here since January or so, and finally decided to post.

I bought a 60gb player when they came down in price (I think it was like $500 at the time...) Anyhow, my player has never been in my car yet! I've decided to wait until I can get a tuner for it, so whoever is working on getting a run of tuners made put me down for one!!

Anyhow, I just kinda popped in to show that there are probably tons of other people out here like myself who are lurking around the BBS who are waiting for a tuner as well.

Just something to keep in mind..... C-ya!

-=/NN

#86718 - 11/04/2002 06:18 Re: Howdy! I'm new here! [Re: NeonNinja]
teemcbee
addict

what a sin...waiting to mount in car just because of waiting for the tuner...
the mount of the tuner would take about 5 minutes if the player is already installed...

#86719 - 11/04/2002 07:27 Re: Howdy! I'm new here! [Re: teemcbee]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
True, it is a sin to be without the Empeg in the car, but in some cases it can be a pain to install the tuner after the Empeg is already installed. It was pretty easy for me, but I've seen installs where snaking behind the car mount and getting at your antenna cable is far from elementary.

Welcome to the BBS, NN.

#86720 - 11/04/2002 09:32 Re: Howdy! I'm new here! [Re: tonyc]
Satan_X
enthusiast

Loc: Ramsey, NJ
Welcome and vote yourself in here...

http://www.eden2.com/empeg/

#86721 - 12/04/2002 06:50 Re: Howdy! I'm new here! [Re: teemcbee]
NeonNinja
new poster

Loc: Sarasota, FL
In my car it would be impractical to mount it before I get the tuner, as the entire dash would have to get ripped out to re-install it ! I gotta have my radio to listen to Rush Limbaugh every afternoon!

Also I have other issues... I like my currently installed CD/MP3 player (JVC KD-SH99. So I'm also waiting to get some more cash so that I can have a new center console built so I can do both... Plus thinking since I'm doing all of this, I might as well get new speakers and an XM radio receiver installed among some other stuff...

(And NO I'm NOT going to tell you where MY car is parked!)

So I'm not really exclusively waiting on a batch of tuners...

Well at least this is giving me enough time to rip my entire CD collection and throw it on the player...

'92 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
- 60gb Blue RioCar - running 2.0b11 & Hijack !
(Not installed Yet!)

-=/NN