Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#89519 - 20/04/2002 18:58 Sure Cure's for Constant Skippers
Gazz
journeyman

Loc: Alice Springs - Australia
Few years back Sure cure for this was to throw the Cassette tape out the window, hopefully smashing it on some road sign or concrete target, CD's didn't seem to seem to suffer much of this symptom, could it have been the appreciation of quality, the value or I just got a little older and wiser, Well time to time out on the road in random play mode I get this urge to throw the Empeg out the window,

It would be cool to have the open window function iplemented in software

There is a workaround in Hijack by re-defining the knob press to mark the offending tracks, but it is time consuming to find them afterwards and I am going to delete them anyway

it would be cool to re-define the knob press as delete track
is this possible Mark?
Imagine how much space you could quickly free up
Not to mention the instant satisfacton and the constant reduction in that skippers twitch

Gazz. Alice Springs. Outback Oz

#89520 - 20/04/2002 19:14 Re: Sure Cure's for Constant Skippers [Re: Gazz]
antbankz
new poster

Loc: SA, Texas
Man I would love to have this feature on my empeg. I have so many songs on here, there are a lot of them I just can't remember when I get home and I would love to be able to delete them. Could that be a possible feature added to Hijacks to do list?

#89521 - 20/04/2002 19:32 Re: Sure Cure's for Constant Skippers [Re: Gazz]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
the hdd is mounted read only when in the car so you wouldn't be able to delete anything.

all you have to do to find the marked tracks is to search for "marked" in emplode

Matt

#89522 - 20/04/2002 19:33 Re: Sure Cure's for Constant Skippers [Re: Gazz]
Terminator
old hand

Loc: Dallas, TX
Hmm. Im not going to say this can't be done, but this would require remounting the disks RW while in car, which is bad to begin with. Then after the file was deleted, the database would have to be rebuilt, which would take a few min - during which there would be no playback. Then it would have to be set back to read only.

Sean

#89523 - 20/04/2002 23:33 Re: Sure Cure's for Constant Skippers [Re: Terminator]
number6
old hand

Loc: In The Village or sometimes: A...
What would be useful here is a setting in the player that could ignore any 'marked' tracks [i.e. don't play a marked track].
[And if a track was marked during playback it would remove it from the present playlist and it would be "out damn spot, out"].

That way, you'd be able to flag tracks you don't like/don't want to hear again and then when you get a chance you can permanently delete them using emplode without disrupting your music enjoyment on the road.

anyone - could this be set up as a Wendy filter? e.g. have a Wedndy filter for 'don't play Marked tracks', then I can simply turn this filter on if I want and never see marked tracks again?.

I don't use Wendy filters [apart from not knowing anyone called Wendy ;-P ].

#89524 - 21/04/2002 15:15 Re: Sure Cure's for Constant Skippers [Re: number6]
dcosta
enthusiast

Loc: Massachussetts
it would also be handy to be able to mark tracks with a few ofther (possibly user definable) marks instead of just nothing and "yes" in the marked column. successive presses of the "mark" button would cycle through marking flags... In addition to no flag, I would use the following 4 flags

"Fix Tag"
"ReRip from CD"
"Incomplete Track"
"Corrupted Download"

#89525 - 21/04/2002 18:02 Re: Sure Cure's for Constant Skippers [Re: dcosta]
jnmunsey

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
Cool just this evening I was getting annoyed by all the lousy tracks that I find... There's only so much of that noise by Offspring I can handle..

A new kind of "mark" to have a track ignored would be awesome.. Question is, how would you be able to identify these in emplode??

Also, deleting in the empeg should be handled by marking them for deletion, then rebuilding the database when the user chooses, removing marked items at that time.. Still, that isn't really necessary as long as we could simply ignore the nasty tracks..