Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#91832 - 03/05/2002 10:06 Help with MP3/Tag Studio 2.8 :-)
Mario
stranger

Loc: Ireland
Hi guys,

Well, I'm doing my homework, while I'm at work, I've got a nearly dedicated computer to Rip and compress files EAC+LAME, I do about 8 CDs a day (7 hours). I know I could do it faster with batch files and so on, but It's ok for, not in a hurry :-)

I use MP3/Tag Studio to manage the ID3 Tags. The programm is a bit confusing to use but I'm on it since an hour. Well does anybody knows where can I find a kind of Tips and Tricks guide for this programm or Tutorial?....

Well if not, does anybody knows how can I remove only parts of a Tag, in my case I want to remove the 4 first characters of all given Title Tag names, any idea?

Thanks
Mario

#91833 - 03/05/2002 12:31 Re: Help with MP3/Tag Studio 2.8 :-) [Re: Mario]
f_devocht

Loc: Belgium
In the 'auto write tags based on file names' tab, check the 'advanced operation' check box. Then use the <trash:x> command to remove characters.
X = the number of characters to remove.
for example: <TRASH:4><Title> - <Artist>.mp3
removes the first 4 characters of the filename and fills out the Title and Artist tags. Character 5 of the file name becomes the first character of the title tag. Everything after the ' - ' becomes the Artist tag. Lots of combinations possible of course. When all the tags are filled out, you can do the opposite and rename the file name based on the tags. That way the 4 characters are out of the file name also.
Hmm, did you understand that? I barely do myself after re-reading this. Best I can do though
BTW, if something goes wrong, don't panic, there's an undo button

Frank

#91834 - 03/05/2002 14:33 Re: Help with MP3/Tag Studio 2.8 :-) [Re: f_devocht]
Mario
stranger

Hi Frank,

Funny, I had to love (sorry I mean "laugh") at the end when you said you can barely understand your own explanation. Well fyi that was en execelent answer!
I'm now at home (here in Ireland is now 10:30pm) so I'll try it next monday at work.

where did you get that info? is there any MP3 Tag Studio forum somewhere or secret docu somewhere in internet? :-)

thanks a lot!
Mario

#91835 - 03/05/2002 15:03 Re: Help with MP3/Tag Studio 2.8 :-) [Re: Mario]
f_devocht

Loc: Belgium
It's in the help file, under in-dept user information - advanced operation mode - general information - parsing templates.
BTW, I'm still on 2.17 so the help file might be different (although I doubt it).

Cheers,
Frank

#91836 - 04/05/2002 13:53 Re: Help with MP3/Tag Studio 2.8 :-) [Re: f_devocht]
GeorgeLSJr
enthusiast

Loc: Sayreville, New Jersey USA
Frank -- Awesome! I thought I knew this program pretty good. That's a great little feature hidden in there! Thanks!

Mario -- Can I ask how you wound up needing to delete just the first four characters of the title? Sounds just a bit unusual to me and I'm curious.

#91837 - 05/05/2002 14:02 Re: Help with MP3/Tag Studio 2.8 :-) [Re: GeorgeLSJr]
Mario
stranger

Hi George,

to answer your question :-)

I got a ripped CD which for whatever reason had something like 0001 i.e. preceding the first song title in the title tag, 0002 for the second and so on for every song (same for the song file names).
I must say MP3 Tag Studio is a really helpful tool which has made my life a bit more pleasent....

Mario