Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#93680 - 13/05/2002 21:40 The spare Empeg - To sell or not to sell?
MisterBeefhead

Loc: Crete, Il USA
With prices on Ebay at upwards of $700 and rising, the wisdom of the spare is beginning to be called into question. What are those of you lucky enough to be in posession of a spare planning to do? I just don't know, I just don't know...

On a similar topic, is the new tuner now a sure thing? I would like to run both the Empeg and a cd head unit (i'm one of those types who likes to have everything), and could buy a swell head unit with what I could sell my tuner for, but I don't ever like to burn bridges.

What to do, what to do...

#93681 - 13/05/2002 21:45 Re: The spare Empeg - To sell or not to sell? [Re: MisterBeefhead]
ninti
old hand

Loc: Los Angeles
> are those of you lucky enough to be in posession of a spare planning to do?

Well, I got three (mostly by accident). I am absolutely keeping one as a spare. The third I planned to give as a gift, but the people that are good enough friends that I would actually give them one as a gift are just not suitably impressed enough with my Empeg for me to bother. Perhaps I need new friends.

I may sell it, but I doubt it. I have this feeling I would one day hate myself for doing so.

#93682 - 14/05/2002 02:33 Re: The spare Empeg - To sell or not to sell? [Re: ninti]
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
i'll be your friends :-P

#93683 - 14/05/2002 10:39 Re: The spare Empeg - To sell or not to sell? [Re: MisterBeefhead]
thenominous

Loc: UK
Are you mad?

What happens when down the line, it breaks, you lose it, it gets stolen, you drop it, etc...
Keep it, cos you may get $700 for it now, but when your only unit breaks down and you have to find someone willing to sell you one to replace it, its gonna cost a lot more than $700.

I just wish at the time I'd had enough money to buy four of them. Bought a couple of car sleds for additional cars in the future, or if my car is stolen and never reovered. You can always buy a new car, but in 2 years time where are you going to get a sled from?