Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#952 - 23/11/1999 03:48 Suggestions????
TommyE
enthusiast

Loc: NORWAY
Anyone who have some suggestion on how to create a reasonable playlist setup??
I find myself having albums, favourites, top 20's, singles etc. all over....
Any one who have a good approach to creating them abit more logical than I feel
I have`???

TommyE

#953 - 23/11/1999 06:52 Re: Suggestions???? [Re: TommyE]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
The system I sorted out was a playlist hierarchy, with a top level of me/wife/ artists. The first two are pretty self explainatory, the third is a "shortcut" to our favourite artists (so we can just dive in and choose to listen to soemone we fancy).

Below the top level personals I have put genre/artist/album which means I'm usually always about 5 clicks away from what I want, or 3 with the shortcuts.

{8^)

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#954 - 23/11/1999 09:56 Re: Suggestions???? [Re: TommyE]
ClemsonJeep
enthusiast

Loc: Ashburn, VA
The way I did it, is divide by Genre in the root "directory", so when I go to playlists, I can already choose what kind of music I want to listen to.

Below these levels, I have individual songs (in case I don't want a whole album of that artist), and full CD's. If I have more than 1 CD by an artist, I have that artists name, so this is how my listing might look:

[empeg-car]
-Chillin'
-Pop
-Ska
|--> The Hippos - Forget the World (Only one album by this artist, its off the root of Ska)
|--> Less Than Jake
| |--> Losing Streak (multiple albums, I put it under the artist name)
| |--> Hello Rockview (again, another album)
| |--> The Reflex.mp3 (individual songs that are not on an album)
| ...etc
|--> Buck-O-Nine - Hold Back The Rain.mp3 (individual ska song, doesnt fit in another playlist)

and so on... does this make any sense? :) This way, I can easily get to an album by a particular artist, I can randomize by genre, artist, album, or so on (and I don't have to rely on the search screens, which sometimes put the songs in odd order)

(O|||||O)
Q: 0596 S/N: 00246 6GB Blue