Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#39489 - 25/09/2001 11:30 Where should I order from if I am in Canada?
ShadowMan
addict

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
Should I order the tuner from the US store or the European store?

Thanks!

We need details on the still-born Mark III! Come on empeg guys!

#170... I got SN: 080000101 12 gig Blue!

#39490 - 25/09/2001 12:25 Re: Where should I order from if I am in Canada? [Re: ShadowMan]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
I believe the eStore accepts Canadian orders, but so does the international store so it's your call. Shipping will probably be cheaper from the eStore though.

We're not going to post any Mk.3 details (it wasn't called Mk.3 by the way) as our automotive developments are still very active. OEM clients prefer some confidentiality.

Rob

#39491 - 25/09/2001 17:11 Re: Where should I order from if I am in Canada? [Re: ShadowMan]
sts103
new poster

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have been trying to order a tuner for my RioCar since they have been listed as in stock at the U.S. store. I cannot complete the online order without getting a message to contact Customer Service. A very polite man at Sonic Blue tried to complete my order himself and received the same error message. Apparently we cannot order with a credit card by phone from Canada. The process, sad as it is, was just sent to me by e-mail. I have attached it to this post, if it helps. I'd rather order online at the U.K. store, but I haven't tried it yet.

Adrian

Quote:

We do not process international orders over our website. The best option
available to you is contacting our customer service center at the number
listed below and placing an order direct. There are two options at this
point:

1) Place the order using your International Credit card. We will need you
to fax a copy of your most recent Credit Card statement showing the Credit
card number, the billing address, and the country code and the Customer
Service number of your bank. . We also need a faxed copy of your credit
card, front and back, and sign this just like you would sign a credit card
receipt. Once the process of verification has been completed, the order
can
be fulfilled and shipped to your Billing address ONLY.

Or

2) You can pay via Money order. We will quote you the amount plus shipping
and have you submit a money order for the full amount. Once this is
received
and has cleared, your order will be placed and shipped to you.
Shipping charges vary from country to country. To request a shipping rate
quote, please send a request that specifies the product and your city,
country, and postal code.

Here are another couple of options for you:

http://store.sonicblue.com

click on the British Flag on the left side of the page and get the
SONICblue Euro-Estore (Save shipping charges from the U.S which are
normally
very expensive. OR

go to www.pcupgrader.co.uk.

Thank you

End Quote

#39492 - 26/09/2001 05:37 Re: Where should I order from if I am in Canada? [Re: rob]
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi Rob.

We're not going to post any Mk.3 details (it wasn't called Mk.3 by the way) as our automotive developments are still very active. OEM clients prefer some confidentiality.
Please keep informed if/when it is ever released to the market.

cu,
sven

proud MkII owner (12GB blue/green/smoked, was #080000113 is #090001010)

#39493 - 11/10/2001 15:29 Re: Where should I order from if I am in Canada? [Re: sts103]
sts103
new poster

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have just received my tuner module from the European e-store. The order was placed online September 27th. I received an e-mail notice of shipping and a Royal Mail tracking number from Peter Moore at the Rio Car Dispatch Office on October 1st. After our Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend, I received notice that a parcel had arrived at Canada Customs on October 10th. The tuner was assessed at CAN $188.83 for duty. I paid CAN $25.29 in duty and taxes. The tuner was very well packgaged (double boxed and padded) and came with a North American antenna adapter, Rio Car CD Rom software upgrade (v1.03), a Harness Extension Cable, and instructions.

I have experienced problems ordering online from the U.S. store when purchasing my Mk II unit. When Sonic Blue had a survey on their U.S. website in May (not Rob's empeg survey), I was led to believe I would receive a pair of headphones for participating. I'm still waiting. Even as an established Rio Car customer, I was unable to complete an online order for a tuner from their U.S. store with Customer Assistance. In contrast, my online order from the European store was problem free and was acknowledged with an e-mail describing shipping details.

For peace of mind, I'd suggest ordering from the European store if you're in Canada.

#39494 - 11/10/2001 18:04 Re: Where should I order from if I am in Canada? [Re: sts103]
morrisdl
enthusiast

Loc: Rochester, NY USA
Anybody else notice (among other quirks), the rio e-store asks you for a password after you have completed all the shipping and billing info. Presumably to expedite repeat customers...I have yet to find any where to login for repeat purchases. Entering this info each time is no big deal, but why bother to ask for a password? Why show its out of stock, and then deliver it 2 days later? Our question may never be anwsred. Maybe Leonard Nimoy can come back to do a special "in search of - Who killed the riocar?"

Each order is a new adventure. Makes me think twice about buying one of those hot new replay 4k -listening Sonic|Blue?

-Doug
Mk2-12G Blue (Now A/R Green)

#39495 - 11/10/2001 18:24 Re: Where should I order from if I am in Canada? [Re: ShadowMan]
gbeer
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manteca, California
Where should I order from if I am in Canada?

Is this a trick question? It is, isn't it? I mean, if you went somewhere else you wouldn't be in Canada any more. Right?

256 more posts to go... sigh

#39496 - 11/10/2001 21:25 Re: Where should I order from if I am in Canada? [Re: morrisdl]
borislav
addict

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Anybody else notice (among other quirks), the rio e-store asks you for a password after you have completed all the shipping and billing info. Presumably to expedite repeat customers...I have yet to find any where to login for repeat purchases. Entering this info each time is no big deal, but why bother to ask for a password?

I think there was a place on the site where you can enter your order number and password and look at your order (and maybe status) again.

Borislav

#39497 - 12/10/2001 04:48 Re: Where should I order from if I am in Canada? [Re: gbeer]
ShadowMan
addict

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
ok ok ... which e-store should I order from then.. jeesh

Incidentially I ordered from the UK store... it was painless and came out a little cheaper after conversion. Plus I'll probably actually get all of my order.

#170... I got SN: 080000101 12 gig Blue!

#39498 - 14/10/2001 04:20 Re: Where should I order from if I am in Canada? [Re: rob]
Janosch
journeyman

Loc: Berlin, Germany
>We're not going to post any Mk.3 details (it wasn't called
>Mk.3 by the way) as our automotive developments are still
>very active. OEM clients prefer some confidentiality.

Just one note: PLEASE make it use the same Mounting sleds and connectors, so just putting in the someday, maybe avaible, not so called Mark III Unit does the upgrade job. :-)

Janosch