Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#46553 - 14/11/2001 15:43 Line in Record to MP3
mardibloke
addict

Loc: Penarth, UK
Has anyone tried this tool ?

#46554 - 14/11/2001 15:53 Re: Line in Record to MP3 [Re: mardibloke]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
If you're talking specifically about dMC, it sounds pretty good. Too bad there aren't any full-size screen shots to see how well everything is implemented from a usability standpoint.

But if you want to record from an external source, it does look like it will do the job. And as the web page says, FREE is FREE.

Audiograbber (mentioned in the web page as one of the competing products in a speed comparison) is also very good and supports the Algorithmix noise reduction plugins. It's not free, but I found it well worth the $20 for CD ripping alone. http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net

#46555 - 15/11/2001 02:44 Re: Line in Record to MP3 [Re: mardibloke]
furtive
old hand

Loc: London, UK
MardiRod

I've been using Audiograbber to convert my Minidisc and Audio tape to MP3. Seems to work fine, if not a bit fiddly when there are quiet bits in tracks (it sometimes starts a new track) or small gaps between songs (doesn't start a new track)

#46556 - 15/11/2001 14:19 Re: Line in Record to MP3 [Re: furtive]
mardibloke
addict

Loc: Penarth, UK
Thanks Paul, I use an old registered version of Audiogragger and am very happy with it, just too lazy to upgrage a working system .

Perhaps I will give a later version of Audiograbber a go, but never any harm in looking at other solutions. This software I spotted can use the LAME Encoder, which I am very happy with in Audiograbber.