Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#49501 - 10/12/2001 08:12 Questions
LTJBukem
enthusiast

Can someone help with the following

1 .How "Least Often Played" and "Least Recently Played" shuffle modes actually work.

Most of the time, I use Down,Down,Down with Least Recently Played selected in the Shuffle Mode.

Presumably "Least Often Played" should play the items which i've added to the player most recently as they have been played 0 time, or any other track that has been played 0 times. Following this anything played 1 time, 2 times ....

Presumably "Least Recently Played" should play items which have been added to the player most recently as they have not been played, and then the track which is marked as being the longest ago played, moving through the list to tracks I played today.

2. How does the Skip Tracks get measured. Is this functional yet ?

#49502 - 10/12/2001 11:06 Re: Questions [Re: LTJBukem]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Least often played and Least recently played do in fact work the way you stated.

However, there is still a deliberate random element added to this. The "least" factor is merely a weighting amongst the randomness. If it wasn't at least somewhat random, it wouldn't be a shuffle, would it?

There is also one more factor to consider. The byte value they use to store the "recent-ness" of the track is only valid for twelve days. Meaning that anything you played more than twelve days ago is considered ripe for being at the top of the least-recently-played shuffle.

In my opinion, that is a bug. Because at any given time, the majority of tracks in my player would be equally weighted. Therefore, the least-recently-played shuffle does not work as advertised. I do not know if the empeg team shares my opinion on this matter.

#49503 - 10/12/2001 11:35 Re: Questions [Re: tfabris]
LTJBukem
enthusiast

Thanks Tony

I agree it must be a bug if it only works for 12 days. If I jet off somewhere sunny for 2 weeks my Empeg thinks everything should be at the top of the list.

Does anyone else think this is a bug or do they not use this feature ? Empeg, what have you classified this one as ?

Also, does anyone have information on Times Skipped. Mine always says Zero. What would I use it for ?

Thanks

#49504 - 10/12/2001 11:41 Re: Questions [Re: LTJBukem]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Sorry, forgot to reply to that question in the last response. Times Skipped is not yet implemented.