Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#50661 - 19/12/2001 14:17 Displayserver 1.1 FAQ
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
I while back there was a very nice easy guide posted in a thread about how to install displayserver 1.1 taking you through step by step on how to get it up and running on the empeg.

Could we have this put up in the FAQ along with getting internet explorer to see the site without going on line and how to get the streaming working through winamp.

I know how to do it and i know there is a new version of display server out but 1.1 is nice and very easy to use and this would be of intrest to new folks which are turning up in empeg world.

How about it tony.

i shall scrabble around and see if i can find the exact post if you want.

#50662 - 19/12/2001 14:20 Re: Displayserver 1.1 FAQ [Re: thinfourth2]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I would write one except that I know diddly-squat about displayserver.

#50663 - 19/12/2001 14:26 Re: Displayserver 1.1 FAQ [Re: tfabris]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

I know the feeling but i shall try and find what i use as i had it on CD for taking away with me and i shall post in not in word format.

It was a lovely easy idiot guide and using it even i managed to get it running.

the answers to the internet explorer question was answered recently and only a few folk had probs with winamp i never have had a problem with the version i use for windoze

I will get back with it for people to pick over before you post it if you wish. if you want i could try and get the whole FAQ answered if you want.

#50664 - 19/12/2001 14:56 Re: Displayserver 1.1 FAQ [Re: tfabris]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

http://empeg.comms.net/php/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=empeg_tech&Number=28822&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1

here is a start

#50665 - 20/12/2001 14:52 Re: Displayserver 1.1 FAQ [Re: tfabris]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Come to think of it, I haven't actually seen Frank about the BBS for a looooong time. Frank, are you there? Uncloak, reveal yourself!
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#50666 - 20/12/2001 15:01 Re: Displayserver 1.1 FAQ [Re: schofiel]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Yeah i was wondering what happened to frank he has been away from ages.

Anyone know where he is ? is he still on the a team

#50667 - 20/12/2001 15:24 Re: Displayserver 1.1 FAQ [Re: schofiel]
beaker
addict

Loc: England
Yeah, I've been wondering where he is too. maybe we should report him as a missing person . Seriously though, I hope he's OK.

While we're on the subject of Displayserver I've got a problem which goes something like this: I used to run Displayserver on 1.03 of the player software and the other guys on the network at work could listen to whatever they liked via IE over the network. Great . When I upgraded to 2.00b3 I had to upgrade Displayserver to the latest version too. Now I have to remember to run Displayserver before anyone can listen to the player (I believe this is deliberate for some reason). When I do run it, quite often they get the "Unable to display..." page. I have to reboot the player and run Displayserver again. Also sometimes instead of playing a tune or a playlist they get asked whether they want to open the file or save it. Has anyone else had these experiences with Displayserver 2? Does anyone know whether Frank is still working on it? I am of course very grateful to Frank for developing it, it's given lots of pleasure to the other folks on the network. I just wish it was as reliable as the previous version .