Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#53125 - 01/01/2002 00:33 New 10GB DOA?
philp69
journeyman

Loc: Long Island, NY
Ok - I just received my 10GB backup unit and it appears to have some serious issues! When it powers up either half of the VFD illuminates brightly, or sometimes all of it illuminates very dimly. Also, none of the front panel controls work.

I loaded 2.0b7 developer and upped some songs to it, thinking maybe it needed some tunes and playlists. I even played some through emplode. The display shows the track is playing etc., but no audio.

I backed it out to 1.03 - still no luck...

I opened the unit up to check the display board cable and it looks fine (I know, I know - but I could't bear the thought of having to send it back and risk it getting lost)

I didn't see anything unusual in the bootup log or the Ctrl-T test. Both are in the attached file.

Has anyone seen this before? Hopefully it can be fixed without having to send it back.

Cheers,

Attachments
51669-CAPTURE1.TXT (73 downloads)

#53126 - 01/01/2002 02:56 Re: New 10GB DOA? [Re: philp69]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
It looks like you've done all the necessary diagnostic steps to rule out the common problems. Good work.

Sounds like it's time to call support. Sorry your player arrived that way, but rest assured it will be taken care of quickly and completely.