Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#58369 - 13/01/2002 15:15 Create playlist from Soup view
cshuttle43
journeyman

I've read a bit about future versions of emplode supporting playlist creation out of the soup views, but this feature would save me unprecendented headaches. Is there ANYONE out there who has developed such a thing, or knows of a piece of software that'll recursively go through directories and create a playlist out of the files in those directories?

If my playlists get trashed, I really don't feel like creating 200 new ones, and dragging all the music to it's appropriate locations; it would seem so much simpler to just drag the album's over and make them playlists directly.

Thanks a lot!

#58370 - 13/01/2002 15:54 Re: Create playlist from Soup view [Re: cshuttle43]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Er, if you drag your directories from Windows Explorer and drop them on the "Playlists" item, emplode already does this.

As for generating playlists from the soup views, I'm going to be looking at it, post-2.0

#58371 - 13/01/2002 15:56 Re: Create playlist from Soup view [Re: cshuttle43]
bonzi
pooh-bah

Loc: Croatia
That's normal empeg behaviour: if you have a hierarchy of directories containing music, just drag everything to the place in empeg's playlist structure you want it. Say you have 'Artists' list in empeg, and 'Pink Floyd' directory on PC, with subdirectories for each album, 'The Wall' having subdirs for soundtrack and 'regular' album (and even perhaps 'Disc 1' and 'Disc 2' subdirs below). If you drag 'Pink Floyd' dir into 'Artists' playlist, the whole hierarchy of playlists will be created, and tunes downloaded.

If you somehow manage to delete playlists on the empeg while tunes survive, the fastest way is probably deleting tunes as well and draging everything from the PC anew. Of course, to do that you have to actually have your tunes on PC (or off-line, on CD-Rs, tape or similar); it will also be nice if you tidied up your ID3 tags before uploading.
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue