Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#66145 - 03/02/2002 12:03 Problem with beta7
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Sorry if this has been brought up before.

I just downloaded and installed beta 7 on my computer and empeg. I brought up emplode, connected via ethernet, and deleted some files from the player to make room for another album I wanted to put on it. When I deleted the files emplode didn't change the amount of free space it reported in the bar at the bottom (I thought this worked on previous versions...). So anyway, I try a sync. Well, everything goes fine. It deletes the songs and rebuilds the database. but then it hangs on retreiving the database. It just stops so I shut the program down. I then try to reconnect in emplode but now I get an error that the player no longer seems to be connected! I end up with what is showing in the attached image (and before you mention it, my player name is my vanity plate ).

So I'm very frustrated with this. I guess the only thing I can do is go back to 1.0 now.

#66146 - 03/02/2002 12:05 Re: Problem with beta7 [Re: Dignan]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

sorry, forgot to include the screen shot.

by the way, I can't connect via USB either now.

Attachments
64544-Image1.gif (87 downloads)

#66147 - 03/02/2002 12:32 Re: Problem with beta7 [Re: Dignan]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
b7 - known USB problems. Known problems retrieving the database (reboot player and reconnect).

To delete the music FILES from the empeg, make sure you delete the tracks from the "ALL TRACKS" soup view or make sure to check the box that tells emplode you want to delete the files and not just the referenc to the files when deleting from a playlist.

These problems with ethernet connections and syncing do not happen all the time. It's mostly working for me. The db retrieving problem is minor. Check out the WARNING message in the announcements forum.

Bruno

#66148 - 03/02/2002 12:34 Re: Problem with beta7 [Re: Dignan]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
I've had beta7 installed for some time now and just experienced something similar last night...

I couldn't get ethernet to connect (my fault because of ip settings) so I plugged in the USB cable to change the IP settings. The player showed as available via USB, but was grayed out and sayed "no longer availabe"....

A simple reboot of the player fixed it all. Ask over in Bug Reports and you may get more expert advice than I can give! good luck!

#66149 - 03/02/2002 12:41 Re: Problem with beta7 [Re: hybrid8]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

b7 - known USB problems

I wasn't using USB. besides, b3 had USB problems. that's why I was using ethernet.

I wasn't able to connect on either after the failed sync occured, but after restarting the player I got USB connecting again. haven't tried ethernet either, but USB was where I had the sync problems before.

So basically, what we should say is that the current emplode betas have synching problems (since it isn't limited to only USB or ethernet).

#66150 - 03/02/2002 13:29 Re: Problem with beta7 [Re: Dignan]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
It syncs fine every single time for me with ethernet. It has a problem where it will sometimes not retrieve the database AFTER a sync. The sync was completed fine however - you can just reboot the player and reconnect to verify.

I only mentioned USB because in your second post you said USB wasn't working "now".

Bruno