Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#68009 - 06/02/2002 21:00 Vote! how much time does tfabris spend on the bbs?
lothar

Please bear with me for this brief social experiment. Here's a quick poll that I think everyone might enjoy:

How much time do you estimate tfabris spends on the board daily?

I would be interested to see the results in a day or two and compare this with the actual time he spends here.

regards,

loThar
time
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 27/06/2004 19:33
View the results of this poll.

#68010 - 06/02/2002 22:29 Re: Vote! how much time does tfabris spend on the bbs? [Re: lothar]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Every spare moment he gets, and I'm grateful for it!

Seriously, I know some of you newbies must think that all Tony does is simply log on to say "read the FAQ" but Tony has been one of the greatest assests to the empeg community. I say this even after having been told to "check the FAQ" many times. And it is because of the FAQ (which he mainly wrote and maintains btw) that I have learned as much as I have AND gotten as much as I did out of my empeg.) Aside from the FAQ, Tony has done a great job moderating this board, and even stuck up for a few new members who came off as being rather rude (while the rest of the board were attacking the new members for being uninformed to a few things, Tony was sticking up for them). He has done a great job of keeping this board civil and is 10times more intelligent than I. If it wern't for Tony (and some other contributors to this board) I never would have bought an empeg. Tony has also contributed his LogoEditor and his GapKiller along with a bunch of hacks.

Yeah Tony has nailed me a few times for not knowing something was in the FAQ, but he also allowed me to upgrade my player from a 12GB model to a 32GB model to a 50GB model to a 60GB AND allowed me to put my own BootUp logos AND helped me organize me mp3 collection. A lot of other people were involved in this (Paul who is often underrecognized for setting up this BBS and the empeg team for making this player hackable) but for being someone whom I have never met and realistically won't any time soon, Tony is someone I admire for giving a hell of a lot more than he has taken.

#68011 - 06/02/2002 23:40 Re: Vote! how much time does tfabris spend on the bbs? [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
lothar

Ohh... don't get me wrong. I appreciate the effort he puts into this board as much as any other empeg freak. I am fairy new to this board, and his posts have been an invaluable part of the success I have had hacking my Rio. I hope that he continues faqqing away into the unforseeable future!

FAQ on man!

regards

-lothar

[p.s. - the divorce poll radio button could be misconstrued as rude - please do not take it this way - it was meant to <lighten> the mood of the post )]

#68012 - 07/02/2002 02:09 Re: Vote! how much time does tfabris spend on the bbs? [Re: lothar]
LTJBukem
enthusiast

I voted for 'Read the FAQ' cos it was the funniest one on there !

I say a big thumbs up to everyone including Tony, who are dedicated to helping the Empeg community. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE !

#68013 - 07/02/2002 02:11 Re: Vote! how much time does tfabris spend on the bbs? [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Aw, shucks.

Thanks, man.

#68014 - 07/02/2002 02:20 Re: Vote! how much time does tfabris spend on the bbs? [Re: lothar]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

For the record: I think that the amount of time I spend answering posts here is probably insignificant compared to the amount of time Mark spends working on Hijack.

#68015 - 07/02/2002 03:32 Re: Vote! how much time does tfabris spend on the bbs? [Re: tfabris]
Fogduck

Loc: BC
> For the record: I think that the amount of time I spend
> answering posts here is probably insignificant compared
> to the amount of time Mark spends working on Hijack

Indeed -- if Mark had a PayPal account, I'd probably throw a few bucks in, unsolicited. And if Tony had a dollar for every question asked that he already transcribed to the FAQ...
- - - MK2 #141 12GB Queue #5723 (SOLD) MK2a 30GB + grn + tuner + blk empeg case

#68016 - 07/02/2002 05:30 Re: Vote! how much time does tfabris spend on the bbs? [Re: lothar]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
I don't think Tony spends as much time here as he used to. Mainly because he has put so much work into the FAQ and other things. I know, from his site and from here, that he has a family and a good job. How he keeps it all together is amazing.
Great work mate.

#68017 - 07/02/2002 06:29 Re: Vote! how much time does tfabris spend on the bbs? [Re: Fogduck]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

Mark does have a paypal account, and can always use toys. More information here.

#68018 - 07/02/2002 12:00 Re: Vote! how much time does tfabris spend on the bbs? [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
frekin
stranger

For the record, I've only had my Empeg MkIIa for a month or so, but in that time I've already begun to suspect that both Tony and Mark are cleverly disguised A.I.'s. The other day I checked the Hijack site, thinking there was no way he could have released more than a few additional versions in the 1-2 weeks since I installed 1.50; I almost fainted.

My biggest hope is that this community doesn't deteriorate now that the consumer Empeg versions have been discontinued and "name brand" manufacturers have begun to release their own approximations. I used to be an Amiga user, and it was painful to watch the silly advocacy flame wars that began in it's decline as a mainstream computing alternative (PLEASE...I know what you're thinking...don't reply to this sentence!).

#68019 - 07/02/2002 15:04 Re: Vote! how much time does tfabris spend on the bbs? [Re: Fogduck]
bonzi
pooh-bah

Loc: Croatia
Haven't we established that Tony is an AI escaped from Area 51? Granted, the AI sometimes shows a rather convincing avatar...

I think Mark *does* have a PayPAl account. Search around (and I think this is really *not* in the FAQ).
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue

#68020 - 07/02/2002 15:39 Re: Vote! how much time does tfabris spend on the bbs? [Re: bonzi]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Haven't we established that Tony is an AI escaped from Area 51?

Now, what makes you say that?