Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#68946 - 08/02/2002 23:38 Playlist type question
lamer
journeyman

Loc: Texas
When listening to my root level on shuffle I often want to continue listening to the current artist. What is the quickest way to do this? I have my songs arranged as:
genre -> artist -> album -> song

Thanks,
Cory

11 Years later, these Mk2a units still rock...

#68947 - 08/02/2002 23:47 Re: Playlist type question [Re: lamer]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
If you don't care what album the next song by that artist will come from, press "2" on your remote and it will swap the next song with one by the same artist you're currently listening to (it uses the next song by that artist that appears in the shuffled playlist). Read the FAQ about "TWEAKING" playlist order. If you keep pressing "2" it will add more songs by the same artist.

Pressing "3" will tweak, but it will add only songs from the same SOURCE as the song currently being played.

Now, pressing the SHUFFLE button will unshuffle and you will continue to listen to the rest of the album the current song belongs to (your album-based playlist) - but you will not hear any songs that come before it in that album-based playlist. READ TONY'S important note about this in the FAQ if you are using multiple playlists with the same track.

You can alternately bookmark your current position, then unshuffle as above, and then restore the bookmark. That will bring back your random list at the point you left off when unshuffling.

Bruno