Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#70004 - 11/02/2002 19:14 Windows EMPEG remote control program??
skamp
journeyman

I looked (search and FAQ) and could not find anything like what I am asking. Is there a Windows app that emulates the RIO remote? I know I can play songs in Emplode but it would be cool if there was an app that showed the EMPEG front panel and a virtual remote to control it. This way you can use the EMPEG at home with all the cool features that are available through the remote. For example the remote guide on the FAQ page actually sending the same commands to the EMPEG and next to it a virtual EMPEG front panel to see what song is playing, etc… I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Steve

#70005 - 11/02/2002 19:34 Re: Windows EMPEG remote control program?? [Re: skamp]
jim_b
new poster

Loc: Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK
Try these...

http://www.beaglebros.com/empeg/ for empegVNC
and
http://www.heathcosoft.com/empeg for empegTray

Thanks,

James.

#70006 - 11/02/2002 19:43 Re: Windows EMPEG remote control program?? [Re: jim_b]
skamp
journeyman

The VNC server is exactly what I was talking about for the EMPEG display (Did you watch that mpeg? too cool!). It would be really cool if that could be used in additon with something that would emulate the remote so you could do searches and the other things like remote does quickly. I like the front panel buttons on the EMPEG but the remote makes things much nicer. I have to say I love this thing more and more every day.

Steve

#70007 - 11/02/2002 20:14 Re: Windows EMPEG remote control program?? [Re: skamp]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Yes a program like what you are asking exists. But it has not yet been released.

It is being made by Fastrack and he's improving it before releasing it. I have tested a few versions and think it's pretty cool. He'll probably post an update in the Programming forum when it's closer to release.

Bruno

#70008 - 11/02/2002 20:21 Re: Windows EMPEG remote control program?? [Re: hybrid8]
skamp
journeyman

I look forward to seeing it!

Steve