Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#69969 - 11/02/2002 18:04 View current playlist?
jnmunsey

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
Yes I read the FAQ, and even searched, but <FLASH>could not find anything</FLASH>

One of the Inof options is to show "Now & Next".. That is cool, but is there a way to scroll through the current playlist that was created on the fly?

Thanks

John M

#69970 - 11/02/2002 18:57 Re: View current playlist? [Re: jnmunsey]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
One of the Inof options is to show "Now & Next".. That is cool, but is there a way to scroll through the current playlist that was created on the fly?

Nope, currently no way to scroll through the current playlist beyond Now & Next. I believe it's been asked for in Wish List, but since 2.0 is hopefully nearing final status, you might want to pop over to Wish List and ask for this one.

BTW, "flash" (I guess you meant blink) tags don't work... Thank god, or we'd all be blind.

#69971 - 11/02/2002 23:45 Re: View current playlist? [Re: tonyc]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Before we send John off to ask for the feature, just what sort of user interface do you gentlemen propose for this? (That wouldn't totally ruin other existing button assignments and features...)

#69972 - 12/02/2002 15:17 Re: View current playlist? [Re: tonyc]
jnmunsey

The <falsh> tah was in there as a joke - I did not expect it to work.. I was making fun of the Read the FAQ flashing notice..

#69973 - 12/02/2002 15:23 Re: View current playlist? [Re: tfabris]
jnmunsey

Well imo it would be nice if you could simply scroll what is displayed in the "Now & Next" display(yeah yeah up & down). After say 3 or 4 seconds of inactivity the display would return to 'normal'.

Hmm, but then I guess we will ask to be able to manipulate songs in that playlist.

There doesn't seem to be much chat on this topic so maybe not too many people want it.. The new random features that eliminate songs already listened to kind of addresses some of this ina way I suppose, but I'd still like to be able to scrollt he playlist

Thanks

John M

#69974 - 12/02/2002 15:42 Re: View current playlist? [Re: jnmunsey]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Well imo it would be nice if you could simply scroll what is displayed in the "Now & Next" display

And how would you want the user to initiate this scrolling? They've gotta press something. How would you do this without breaking any other current functionality?

#69975 - 12/02/2002 16:08 Re: View current playlist? [Re: tfabris]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Simple: press and hold INFO ("Details") while viewing Now&Next.

Sure, it slightly breaks something that probably only two people ever use from tne Now&Next screen..

Or perhaps just add an "INFO-playlist" varient to the INFO cycle.

#69976 - 12/02/2002 16:10 Re: View current playlist? [Re: mlord]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

I often use details from the now&next screen, so you won't get my vote on that one.

#69977 - 12/02/2002 18:29 Re: View current playlist? [Re: tfabris]
jnmunsey

Actually when I first used the empeg I thought I would be able to scroll it. It seemed 'natural' to be able to do that..

Unfortunatel I don't know enough about the UI of the empeg to specify how a feature should be implemented.. I've had the unit for well over a month and it still isn't in my car.. I am waiting to find the perfect head unit to accompany it in my double DIN slot..

#69978 - 12/02/2002 19:30 Re: View current playlist? [Re: tfabris]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
It's seems that the best way to implement this would be to add a preset playlist under the playlist menu called "current" or something. Since we can assume(hope?) that the automaic playlists for artist/genre/album will be implemented soon, this should be an area that'll be getting an update anyways.

Under the "current" playlist different functions(move up/down, skip to, delete, ?) could show up when you hold the bottom button instead of insert/append/replace.

Matthew

PS: I'm new here, have had my empeg for a month and love it of course.

#69979 - 12/02/2002 22:09 Re: View current playlist? [Re: tfabris]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Create a few fake (ie. not mapped to anything real) button codes. Then anyone running Hijack can map them to anything else they wish. Works for me. I'd map them to voluem up/down on the Rio remote. Those buttons aren't used for anything in my setup at the moment (I'll use them for something else if this feature doesn't come about). There are a bunch more wishes I'd rather see first, but I do like this idea.

Bruno