Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#78616 - 08/03/2002 07:15 Sound Cutting out of Left Channel
Fastrack

Loc: Toronto, Ontario Canada
I'll be listening away and the sound just cuts out to about a 1/4 of the volume. This is while connected inside using my home dock. The same thing happened before I started using my dock.

Over a 3 hour period it happens a couple of times. Is this a hardware issue? Or software?

This is only the LEFT channel btw. I’m never in my car long enough to tell (only about 20 minutes each way) if it happens there as well. I'm assuming it does cause my Home Dock is using the same outputs. Plus the car is quite loud and the left speaker is on the drivers side so I’m not sure I’d notice anyway.

#78617 - 08/03/2002 13:42 Re: Sound Cutting out of Left Channel [Re: Fastrack]
grgcombs
addict

Loc: Dallas, TX
This happened (left channel too) in my car the other day, but it wasn't the empeg ... it was the amp. When the temperature outside was about 12 degrees F (thats well below zero to you non-yanks) the amp decided to work only half the channels.

After putting in some techno for a little bass run, the amp warmed up and started working all the channels again.

g