Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#83106 - 23/03/2002 14:27 Ethernet
visuvius
addict

this might be a dumb question, but...

i'm using XP and can't use USB, i've come to terms with this and have moved on. So i use ethernet, but every time i wanna connect the Empeg, i have to disconnect from my DSL modem, and then plug the Empeg directly into the ethernet card using the crossover cable. This is a pain in the ass. Can i install a second ethernet card, and just hook the empeg up to that, or will that end in a catastrophe of some sorts?

#83107 - 23/03/2002 14:29 Re: Ethernet [Re: visuvius]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Second ethernet card will work. Of course so will putting your modem on a router and using a hub for all your machines/empeg.

Bruno

#83108 - 23/03/2002 14:30 Re: Ethernet [Re: visuvius]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
You could do that. Depending on how your DSL is set up, you could also just get a hub. In fact, if your DSL is set up in such a way so that your sole IP address is assigned to your PC, I'd suggest getting some sort of firewall/router device anyway, for network security's sake, and then you definitely can do what I suggest. In fact, most of those firewall/router jobs have a small hub built right in.