Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#95762 - 25/05/2002 10:36 Trouble with install
butter
enthusiast

Loc: State side
I had an appointment today to get my empeg installed. but just my luck they were not able to fit it into my car. i have a '95 honda accord and with the combination of a pioneer cd head unit and my empeg they wouldn't both fit into the slots. has anyone encountered this problem before, and if you have what did you do to correct the problem. i've been waiting over 5 months to get this thing installed and i can't wait any longer.

thank you in advance.
[blue]fitter, happier, more productive[/blue]

#95763 - 25/05/2002 11:13 Re: Trouble with install [Re: butter]
Ralyon
journeyman

Loc: Florida, USA
I have a suggestion, loose the CD player. Actually I have a 97 accord and installed it myself. I left the factory head unit in the dash which I don't know how similiar the dash is or if the CD player is the same size, but the fit was extremely tight. Basically the lip on the sled is over the front of the head unit and the dash so that the Riocar faceplate protrudes from the dash a little. It doesn't look bad but I did find that there was no place to actually attach either to the frame behind the car. The original head unit was screwed onto the empty slot which was screwed to the frame. It rests on the frame inside the dash and is very snug in the front so that it does not budge without a good deal of force.

I hope this helps.