Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#97154 - 02/06/2002 14:40 Telephone mute > switch to aux input?
seang
new poster

I'm installing a Bluetooth handsfree cellphone kit in my car. It was designed to play audio thru the audio system's speakers by connecting between the headunit and the speakers (it assumes the headunit powers the speakers directly).

Fortunately this kit does have a standard stereo mute lead. How easy would it be to modify the Empeg's software so that instead of pausing or muting the audio, it switches to Aux in where I will have the handsfree car kit connected to?

#97155 - 02/06/2002 15:25 Re: Telephone mute > switch to aux input? [Re: seang]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
There may be another way to go.

Don't dump your tuner. Then get the mute line from the phone and through a small electronic thingy inject a resistance value into the tuner sony interface which measures resistance values. then i belive Hijack can take these commands and remap them so this could then switch you to Aux mode.

By small electronic thingy some one on this board could come up with a bread board design in minutes to do this.

#97156 - 02/06/2002 17:06 Re: Telephone mute > switch to aux input? [Re: thinfourth2]
seang
new poster

Interesting idea. I have the empeg tuner module and a Sony remote already hooked up to it. Anyone have any ideas how I could hook it up?

#97157 - 03/06/2002 01:32 Re: Telephone mute > switch to aux input? [Re: seang]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
Well i would like to know where the sony stick is in a E36 as i have no idea as to a good place to put it, i use a pioneer remote on the steering wheel and it is great.

I would imagine that the sony remote would have to be binned.

#97158 - 03/06/2002 02:19 Re: Telephone mute > switch to aux input? [Re: seang]
Rufus
new poster

Loc: Lancs UK
Hijack can allready do this:

extmute_on=xxxxxxxx
extmute_off=xxxxxxxx

these commands in the config.ini can inject button codes to switch to Aux and back again.

Mark.

#97159 - 03/06/2002 04:46 Re: Telephone mute > switch to aux input? [Re: thinfourth2]
seang
new poster

I have mine mounted right behind the turn signal stalk. Works well for me.

Note this is a left hand drive E36.