Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#98538 - 10/06/2002 10:18 Creating PLaylists from Albums Automatically?!
jem7784
stranger

OK... I'm new to the BBS and just got my Rio Car last week... It's a 20GB model and I added a 40 GB hard drive... 2 weeks ago I finished ripping in my entire CD collection - about 1000 discs... SO I've started loading the player... The thing is, I want the playlists organized into "Artist - Album" and then the songs under this... I've not figured out a way to do this with the Emplode software (2.0 beta 11) except doing it all manually... I mean, I've imported the songs into Emplode in bulk (there are over 16,000 songs... so a few at a time would take forever) but the playlist isn't created as even the album without doing it all manually... is there a way to do it based on the tags (which are all filled out and correct... that took long enough) to create the album playlist automatically from the tag? Or does it have to all be done manually?

#98539 - 10/06/2002 10:25 Re: Creating PLaylists from Albums Automatically?! [Re: jem7784]
DeadFire
addict

Every version of emplode i've used (1.02 and up) you can do this: Organize your music on your hard disk like so - Artist as one folder, and then Album Title as another folder inside it. Then you can just drag and drop each Artist folder into emplode and you have your playlist. After that, you can move it anywhere you want.

#98540 - 10/06/2002 10:30 Re: Creating PLaylists from Albums Automatically?! [Re: DeadFire]
jem7784
stranger

NO WAY!!! REALLY?! I Just spent about 8 hours on Saturday getting all my tags straight and then taking them OUT of artist folders and then organizing them "A-Z".... AHHH!!! Oh well...It's just wasted time... I wasn't doing the drag and drop thing... I was doing the direct import songs. I'll try that tonight...

#98541 - 10/06/2002 10:32 Re: Creating PLaylists from Albums Automatically?! [Re: jem7784]
DeadFire
addict

Well, assuming you have no further trouble, , glad I could help.

#98542 - 10/06/2002 11:15 Re: Creating PLaylists from Albums Automatically?! [Re: jem7784]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yeah, um, Jem... Click Here.

Note that if you've already pulled everything out of a folder tree, you can use something like MP3 Tag Studio to rename/reorganize your MP3s back into a folder structure.

#98543 - 10/06/2002 17:38 Re: Creating PLaylists from Albums Automatically?! [Re: jem7784]
Audio
stranger

Loc: Italy
Hi,

why don't you just use Jemplode?
It builds an artist/album tree itself. Then it's just a matter (three seconds!) of copying that into the playlist folder. This is the way I also did.

One more thing, which is not directly related to your question but that might be of interest anyway: if you're interested in having the proper track playback order within the albums even when selecting them through the direct search (extremely useful through the remote), be sure to load the tracks onto the hard disk in the proper order... The easiest thing to do to accomplish this is to name the track files starting with track numbers (they are loaded according to the order they appear on your pc hard disk folder -by name, dimention, last modified...-), so that the right order is under the usually default "list by name".

Hope this helps,

Alberto

#98544 - 11/06/2002 10:29 Re: Creating PLaylists from Albums Automatically?! [Re: jem7784]
jem7784
stranger

Sorry for this post... I assumed since I WAS adding more than one song at a time (by CTRL-A in the root directory) that that entry in the FAQ with the title "Why can't I add more than one song at a time?" didn't apply to me and I never read it. Thanks to Tony for pointing that out. I fixed everything with MP3 Tag Studio (Thank God for the Undo... nothing like having include all subdirectories in your rename when that's not what you meant and you just finished ORGANIZING those subdirectories HOW you want them...). Did the drag and drop and everything is perfect... other than needing more amperage in my car (took care of that today with a larger alternator... underdrive pulley and other mods on my CRX didn't allow enough current to the player (and probably other devices) at idle), it's working great