Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#109231 - 03/08/2002 13:49 Werid Ethernet Problems
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
Ok, so I start my player today and no Ethernet what gives? So I fiddle a bit with emplode via serial (Yuk) resync the Ethernet is working (jumps for joy)

I connect via ftp to update the web interface, then the Ethernet drop's (cant get a ping via dos) Restart the player Ethernet is back, another 3 min goes by, and its gone now, so I drop into the shell, and disable the telnetd and empegvnc because I think maybe this is the problem type the 'exit' command back to the play I go with Ethernet yay!, 3 min later its gone again.

I think its maybe the cord, so I find some other ones I have had laying around, same thing, I make a new cord, same thing, and I make another new cord, same thing. I found that if I drop to the shell, then back to the player then Ethernet will be alive for 3min, but then drops after that.

Anyone have any ideas??

#109232 - 03/08/2002 13:53 Re: Werid Ethernet Problems [Re: justinlarsen]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
My first thought is that you have an IP address conflict. Make sure that the IP address you're using on the empeg isn't the same as an IP address being used by another machine on your network. Did you add a new one recently?

If it's not that, maybe you have a flaky hub? Try using a crossover to attach it directly to your computers ethernet port, maybe.

#109233 - 03/08/2002 13:57 Re: Werid Ethernet Problems [Re: wfaulk]
justinlarsen
old hand

nope its a differnt ip, at least i think i use DCHP, buts its also on the ATTBI network, so someone can be trying to grab it as well, the hub should be fine i never drop on my other systems, ill try a differnt port on the hub at least.

#109234 - 03/08/2002 14:07 Re: Werid Ethernet Problems [Re: justinlarsen]
justinlarsen
old hand

well i changed ports ont he hub and it seems to be working now i let it idle for 6min, and it changed DIR. ill give u an update later.