Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#112104 - 20/08/2002 11:01 One or two drives (slower)
Blunt
new poster

I have seen this posted by mlord, that you can set the spin up time wait for the player using the One or two drives (slower) option in Hijack. Where can I find this option?

Here is my issue:

I have a 2 drive unit. Every morning when I start my car (I leave the unit in the car most of the time) It tells me No HDD found. If I pull it out and put it right back in it comes on just fine. It only hapens when the unit sits for a long time. If I stop for gas or for an hour or two I can hope right in and it comes right on like it is supposed to do. I have replaced the IDE cable and every thing is nice and secure. I think it's just not getting enough juice for initial spin up in enough time. Every so often (1 out of 30 times) I get a battery icon in the uper left hand corner.

When the unit is pluged in at home I never have this problem.

#112105 - 20/08/2002 11:32 Re: One or two drives (slower) [Re: Blunt]
tman
carpal tunnel

What that option does is disable the check for a second hard drive which shortens boot up time. It disappears if you've got two HDs installed. This option won't help you I'm afraid.

You checked the wiring in the car?

- Trevor

#112106 - 20/08/2002 11:47 Re: One or two drives (slower) [Re: Blunt]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
There is a timeout which can be changed in drivers/block/ide-probe.c in the kernel source, but I don't even play a kernel hacker on TV, so I wouldn't be able to actually make the fix.

#112107 - 20/08/2002 12:29 Re: One or two drives (slower) [Re: Blunt]
David
addict

Loc: Cambridge
This could still be a faulty drive cable or a dry solder joint on the IDE header on the mainboard.