Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#114984 - 05/09/2002 13:46 sometimes your bluff is called
Happy Birthday Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
My wife hadn't gotten her empeg installed yet, because she didn't want to be without a tuner. I told her basically when she whined about me always taking the vehicle with an empeg that clearly she didn't care that much or she'd have done something about it.

I also told her if it came to that, I'd pull the tuner module out of the van to be installed in the car.

So, tomorrow at 10am we'll be getting the other empeg installed. Guess I better go out and pull that tuner module.

This puts me in the unfortunate situation of likely ending up taking the vehicle with no tuner and more importantly a dashboard I can't motivate myself to put back together to Cincinnati, assuming I do manage to find the time to go out for a day.

Oops.

#114985 - 06/09/2002 01:02 Re: sometimes your bluff is called [Re: Daria]
elvis
enthusiast

Loc: Arizona USA
Develope a cold. Loose your tools! Give her sex!

DON'T DO IT!!!!

#114986 - 06/09/2002 04:44 Re: sometimes your bluff is called [Re: Daria]
Laura
pooh-bah

Loc: Greenhills, Ohio
Well if you come to Cincinnati with your dashboard all in pieces, maybe we can help you put it back together again

MKI #017/90

whatever

#114987 - 06/09/2002 05:54 Re: sometimes your bluff is called [Re: Laura]
Happy Birthday Daria
carpal tunnel

Understand, it's not that it's a bif deal to put it back together. I just don't feel like opening it again when the tuner kits come out. I'm lazy. I have other things to do. My dog ate it. I don't geel good. Are we there yet?

#114988 - 06/09/2002 06:18 Re: sometimes your bluff is called [Re: Daria]
Laura
pooh-bah

Loc: Greenhills, Ohio
Ah, a procrastinator! My kind of people

MKI #017/90

whatever

#114989 - 06/09/2002 11:42 Re: sometimes your bluff is called [Re: Daria]
Sheetzam

Loc: Annandale, VA
I know exactly what you mean! I now have to remove the tuner from my car to install it in our new family wagon. Sigh. The wife couldn't be convinced that we should really take it out of her convertible. If only I'd ordered a third tuner when they were available.

#114990 - 06/09/2002 12:09 Re: sometimes your bluff is called [Re: Sheetzam]
Happy Birthday Daria
carpal tunnel

The wife couldn't be convinced that we should really take it out of her convertible.

I do have the "you didn't even want one" ammunition, which I also get to use when we have a TiVo conflict, but I didn't bother.

Hopefully the install is about done and we can go pick it up. I failed to put the install directions in the box, so the poor installer was confused by the tuner module; He thought we wanted the empeg and the factory radio (whose LCD unit is very flaky) and when I explained "there's a tuner module there" he asked if there were directions.

Nope, but I could tell him the 2 things he needed to do on the phone

#114991 - 06/09/2002 16:02 and having your bluff called is good and bad [Re: Daria]
Happy Birthday Daria
carpal tunnel

Somehow I didn't check to see if there was an install manual in the box. There wasn't. (It was used, but I have the manual from the unit I purchased new).

So they winged it. There are 3 flaws, 2 of which stemmed from this:
-the RCAs were plugged into the player instead of the sled. easy to fix
-they did install the 4 channel amp, but bridged the front and rear at the amp since they were confused. needs to be fixed, but not a huge deal

The other is more annoying
-the amp is bolted under the seat but seems to be too far back, so the rear passenger will probably kick the wires.

Nothing's ever simple, but at least it works correctly.