Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#118384 - 29/09/2002 11:49 Empeg Clone - questions
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

I did a search of the FAQ, but did not come up with this one. I know the empeg clone utility is designed to go from the lower serial number player to the higher one. My question is: what exactly does it clone? Is it just the FIDs (/drive?/fids), FIDs+config (/drive?/fids + /drive0/var), FIDs+config+all user directories (/drive?/*) or everything on the player including metadata?

I recently upgraded and did a massive clean of my tags and VBR headers. Now I am rebuilding my lowest serial number player, in hopes of cloning it to the others. I was just curious it if would take everything, or if I would need to rebuild my backup, mirror and software directories.

Thanks.

#118385 - 29/09/2002 14:07 Re: Empeg Clone - questions [Re: pgrzelak]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
My question is: what exactly does it clone? Is it just the FIDs (/drive?/fids), FIDs+config (/drive?/fids + /drive0/var), FIDs+config+all user directories (/drive?/*) or everything on the player including metadata?

I haven't checked, but I believe it just clones the FIDs. Cloning the config is a bad idea as it contains, for instance, the player's name and static IP address.

Peter