Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#120105 - 10/10/2002 12:20 empeg semi-meltdown
nikko

Ok, I've got a bit of problem with my empeg (it's a mark II). I was syncing using ethernet, something I've done before with no problems, and when I came back the next morning, it still said it was syncing. My computer was locked, so I had to reboot it. When I unplugged the empeg and then plugged it back in, the Empeg would hang at the Building Databases part of the bootup process. This went on for about 30 seconds before I got nervous and turned it off. I could hear the hard drive thrashing about a touch. Anyway, I'm not sure what to do next. I'm running the latest beta of the player and emplode software. The batch of songs I was syncing was a larger one than I usually do, so that may have been the problem, but it was also the first time I've checked the box that says "Power down player after sync process is complete" (or words to that effect), so that might have affected it as well. Any advice to get my empeg back on it's feet again would be highly appreciated. And let me know if you need any other info that I might have neglected to include. Thanks.

#120106 - 10/10/2002 12:26 Re: empeg semi-meltdown [Re: nikko]
ricin
veteran

Loc: US: CA
That's covered in the FAQ.
ricin.us

#120107 - 11/10/2002 01:42 Re: empeg semi-meltdown [Re: nikko]
David
addict

Loc: Cambridge
It is perfectly normal to hear the hard disks thrashing when building the music databases, for more than a minute if there is lots of music on the player. Just leave it going and it will work itself out. You'll need to sync for the player to actually write the rebuilt database to the disk.

If still no luck, thn refer to the FAQ article mentioned above.