Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#132366 - 30/12/2002 00:45 Help! jEmplode
rearviewmirror
journeyman

Loc: Bangalore, India
Hi,

I am running jEmplode 44 on OS X. I've two questions wrt jEmplode.

1)

I used jEmplode for the first time yesterday, and was surprised to find out that I could'nt drag and drop mp3's into a playlist. Is this functionality not there?

2)

I created 5 playlists (since I couldnt drag and drop files, I went to the root playlist and said 'New Tune directory', and added a directory - a playlist was created with the name of the directory. This works fine with me 'cos I organize music on my PC as playlist>artist>album etc.).

Since I was going to upload about 6 GB of music, I decided to start synchronization and goto sleep. I'd noticed that one of the jEmplode messages read 27.50 free, 27.78 capacity (or something along those lines). So in the morning, I expected sync to be complete and the message to read 21.50 free, 27.78 capacity.

I woke up in the morning, and saw that sometime in the night, the sync process had failed. There was a pop window that said java.io.IOException (and a whole bunch of stacktrace). I also noticed that the jEmplode status bar read 21.50 free, 27.78 capacity. But, when I selected 'Playlists' on my Empeg, there were no playlists to be found! I thought resyncing might help, so I restarted jEmplode and synced again (which was kind of pointless because when I restarted jEmplode, it didnt fetch me any playlist from the Empeg..)

So now that I've used up 6 GB on my player (with nothing to show for it), what are my options? I was thinking of rm -rf /drive0/fids/. This might free up the space? Or would I be screwing anything up?

Thanks!
~Yogi.

#132367 - 30/12/2002 02:34 Re: Help! jEmplode [Re: rearviewmirror]
Anonymous
Unregistered

What's it do when you open Rio Emplode?

#132368 - 30/12/2002 03:21 Re: Help! jEmplode [Re: ]
rearviewmirror
journeyman

Unfortunately I don't have access to a windows machine at home, and am not allowed to bring the Empeg into work (security BS). So don't know what it looks like in Emplode..

~Yogi.

#132369 - 30/12/2002 14:34 Re: Help! jEmplode [Re: rearviewmirror]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
Sounds like the files got uploaded but the root playlist didn't. You should be able to nuke the files from jEmplode. You'll need to either create a 'soup playlist' that shows all tunes or better yet do an advanced search for 'refs=0' which will show you all the tunes that are not attached to any playlist. You should then be able to select them all, delete them, and sync to get them off your player.

Once you get rid of the files that are already on there you might want to start by adding a root playlist with just a few files as a test to make sure everything works OK. I have synced 20+ gigs with jEmplode more than once under OSX, but I think I always started with a partially populated empeg.

-Mike

#132370 - 31/12/2002 07:36 Re: Help! jEmplode [Re: mcomb]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
Yeah .. what he said... do you still have the contents of that stack trace, by any chance?

#132371 - 31/12/2002 14:01 Re: Help! jEmplode [Re: mschrag]
rearviewmirror
journeyman

Sorry, dont have the stack trace. But will post it here if I get the error again.

Mike. I will try what you suggested..

Happy New Year!!

~Yogi.

#132372 - 01/01/2003 02:10 Re: Help! jEmplode [Re: mschrag]
rearviewmirror
journeyman

I deleted all tracks (after refs=0), resynced, created two playlists and added around 50 tracks in each. In the middle of syncing I got the exception again. The stacktrace is: (dont know how to alt-printscreen in OS X, so am typing it out myself)

java.io.IOException: Timed out.
at org.jempeg.empeg.protocol.ProtocolClient.waitForPlayer(ProtocolClient.java:623)
at org.jempeg.empeg.nodestore.PlayerDatabase.readOnly(PlayerDatabase.java:1594)
at org.jempeg.empeg.nodestore.PlayerDatabase.synchronizeReadOnly(PlayerDatabase.java:1408)
at org.jempeg.empeg.nodestore.PlayerDatabase.synchronize(PlayerDatabase.java:1356)
at org.jempeg.empeg.emplode.EmplodeSyncManager.synchronize(EmplodeSyncManager.java:155)
at org.jempeg.empeg.emplode.EmplodeSyncManager$1.run(EmplodeSyncManager.java:119)

#132373 - 01/01/2003 07:45 Re: Help! jEmplode [Re: rearviewmirror]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
Are you sure it didn't finish this time? What version of the player software are you running? This appears to be the bug where the player won't wake up after sync is completed and it tells the player to restart. This was fixed in the b13. But regardless, just based on where this error is coming from, it looks like all your sync should basically have worked.